Question about some channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Question about some channels

Hi. I'm new here and just wanted to ask a quick question about some channels. I finally switched from analog cable to the new digital box. I noticed now that I have countless new channels available. I was just curious if I could get the NHL network and the NBCSN (NBC Sports Network) with the box.

I figure I will have to pay extra but are these channels available through Rogers and if so how would I go about acquring them?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Question about some channels

giantdevilfish wrote:

Hi. I'm new here and just wanted to ask a quick question about some channels. I finally switched from analog cable to the new digital box. I noticed now that I have countless new channels available. I was just curious if I could get the NHL network and the NBCSN (NBC Sports Network) with the box.

I figure I will have to pay extra but are these channels available through Rogers and if so how would I go about acquring them?

1.  Nhl network - yes.  Nbcsn - no.

2. NHl can be added for $2.80 by otself, or part of a larger theme pack.  You can add ot thru the website, voa phone or live chat.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lurker wrote:

giantdevilfish wrote:

1.  Nhl network - yes.  Nbcsn - no.

2. NHl can be added for $2.80 by otself, or part of a larger theme pack.  You can add ot thru the website, voa phone or live chat.

One thing to watch for though...

WHAT digital box are you using?

If you are only using the DTA.. you may not be able to view the NHL network, if the channel is outside of the range that the DTA can tune to.

If you are on a full digital box though, you would be fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi. How can I tell what kind of box I have? I just got it a couple of days ago. It has "Scientific Atlanta" written on it.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

There should be a model name/number on the front and the back. Is this a rental from Rogers or something you purchased privately? Scientific Atlanta was taken over bt Cisco and all current boxes say "Cisco".

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Renting it for $5 a month

The guy said it would be better to rent , because if it stops working, I can just replace it with a newer model.

If I own it, I would need to pay for repairs

There is no number on the front and the back says DTV E940

I'm a Senior Advisor

You've got the SD full digital box, so my original answer stands.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, SD box can accessthe full channel set. (based on what your package gives you).

(well, other than any HD versions of channels, or HD exclusive channels)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah I concur what GDKitty said, you can access almost every channel, but NOT the HD ones. generally they have H or HD in the call letters.

I Plan to Stick Around

Alright thanks for the help guys.

What's New
Rogers MyWiFi App

The Rogers MyWiFi beta is now running. We also have a contest running for participates. Join the discussion HERE.

BARE KNUCKLE FC 3: Takeover Live
Saturday October 20, 2018
LIVE: 9:00pm ET
Channel: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $39.99 HD | SD | Ignite TV

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, the oldest and newest combat sport, will crown a heavyweight champion during their newest event The Takeover.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation