Pvr software upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pvr software upgrade

Is Rogers able to change the 2am software upgrade on the Pvr to a different time? Suchvas 4am? Also, whyou does Pvr require upgrade every night???

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Pvr software upgrade

@Cmecg wrote:
Is Rogers able to change the 2am software upgrade on the Pvr to a different time? Suchvas 4am? Also, whyou does Pvr require upgrade every night???

1. Not on an individual basis, no. 

2. The PVR has 7 days of guide data.  Needs to fetch an additional day of data each nite.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have this issue and are often up at 2AM, you can try recording a programme, like a Stingray music channel (726) at that time. I don't believe the PVR will "update" while you are recording.  The Stingray channel takes up very little hard drive space and can be deleted the next day.

I've Been Here Awhile

Will try that, thanks.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have found the same that it won't upgrade during a recording,  not always consistent.

Larger download/updates come down at same times about once per week with the updates to the TMN, new movies and so forth.

Unfortunately, we are kind of stuck with it - we have asked many times if it could be programmed to choose download, or delay like you would see on a computer or phone, but has never come - I am a night hawk, so I have become used to it.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

It's annoying when you're watching a taped show as it doesn't save your progress and you have to fast forward to get to where you were last watching.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Oh by the way - notice you are new to the forum @Cmecg  Welcome to the forums.  You may not be aware, but if you have a direct question about your billing services, clarification on packages, that you would usually go to the phone or chat for, you can also contact @CommunityHelps using the private messaging system (put the name in without the @ sign. 

There are helpful tips here somewhere - I learned trial and error - to use the forums, and again, welcome.  We are a friendly bunch, just users like you who came looking for help and found that other users are often the best resource for technical and issues that we may have experienced to.

Also, feel free to use the search when you want to start a topic, you may actually find your answer, or one close and can add your thoughts to a common thread.

Enjoy your TV.  Search Navigatr, and you will find tips on the use of the box.  There are detailed tips and quirks pinned in the TV section of the forum.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert