Programming issues incorrect guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Programming issues incorrect guide

@Longrod wrote:

Had two major experiences of this over the weekend:  used the guide to record the Monaco F1 race on TSN2, and ended up with a variety of hockey and baseball (turns out the race was actually on TSN1);  and my scheduled recording of the UEFA Champions League match on SN1 ended up with two hours of baseball.

Yet another reason why Rogers is utterly crap.  The Rogers defenders will point out that the guide is not programmed by Rogers, but if it's so unreliable then why does Rogers choose to burden us with it?

I also didn't appreciate my box rebooting itself at 2pm for a software download, while I was watching a movie.  I'm already resigned to any recording scheduled between 1am and 5am failing to appear, due to the early morning update, but Sunday afternoons as well?

I've lived and had cable in six countries, and Rogers is without question the worst I've ever experienced.  Compared to cable in the USA, Rogers is at least 15 years behind the times.  (And at least in the USA you can rely on getting one automotive channel.)

I'm switching to Bell.  I know they have their own issues, but no way in heck can they be anywhere as based as Rogers or its customer service.  I'm just sorry (and astounded) that Toronto residents have such a poor selection to choose from.

Dont necessarily expect proper listinging 100% of the time with any carrier.

My brother in law, is with bell... and has told me at least of 3 times that the guide has been incorect for stuff.

Bell, also relies on ta 3rd party provider 😞

Unfortunately to place blame.. we really would need to know ALL the info.  WHEN the programming change was made, if it was announced, etc.

As Oldyellr said.. could quite as easily have been a last min thing by TSN.

MOSTLY that i have seen programming errors like this, tends to often revolve around sports, oddly enough... never seems to be for the normal TV shows, etc.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

MOSTLY that i have seen programming errors like this, tends to often revolve around sports, oddly enough... never seems to be for the normal TV shows, etc.

That's because sports is so unpredictable, especially the North American variety, where a nominally 1-hour football game can last 4 hours because of time-outs, etc. Hockey playoff series can go 4 to 7 games and so on. Auto races can drag out for hours or get rescheduled due to weather.

As for networks switching events to another channel, maybe at some point the NB3 software will be able to search the Guide and even figure that one out.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

PBS or WNED here in Toronto is our main station. Everything from the British mysteries to BBC World News, Opera broadcasts and wellness shows.

For some reason the listings in the PVR seem really whacky lately! I was so lucky, thought I was recording "Last of the Summer Wine" a silly comedy show but at least I got the first 1/2 hour of Julie Andrews and the Vienna New Years show! 🙂

I thought I had recorded Father Brown, a great mystery, but instead, luckily, we caught the latest Miss Fisher Mysteries and so enjoyed it!

Why are the listings in the PVR so wrong for PBS lately? Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks googols in advance!

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Evening @Teo4,

As @Gdkitty mentioned on page one of this thread, unfortunately we do not provide the content descriptions for our guide. 

Although we do our best to ensure the information is up to date and accurate, there may be times when the broadcaster decides to do a last minute change that we are not notified of.

We apologize for any confusion this may cause and will certainly forward your feedback to the appropriate party.

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.local.ca/on/toronto/tv/

Then I'll choose Rogers Toronto Digital and see the TV listings there.

Thanks so much Gabby! OK Gabrielle (I like the name!).

Then I can see if they're just sending Rogers bad data or everyone! He he..

Thanks googols!

Teo

😉

Spoiler

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Teo4 wrote:

http://www.local.ca/on/toronto/tv/

Spoiler

That gives the same wrong channel listings the Rogers site does.

I've Been Here Awhile

Can you tell me who posts the information for the TV listings on the menu?  Many - and I mean many - times I have either gone to a channel to watch a specific programme listed, or indeed taped a specific programme, only to find that was not the programme at all and was something entirely different! For example the Australian programme 'A Place To Call Home' is listed as a place for buying a house....it is an Australian soap!!!  Get with it Rogers as this is getting very frustrating.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Honor This subject has been brought up for years. We don't know which service Rogers uses, but it's obvious there are better ones. Zap2it Guide on the web, for instance, gives series and episode numbers, which Rogers lacks. But even Zap2it can be wrong. However, sometimes the errors come from the originating network and there's nothing Rogers or the service can do about it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I cannot believe that BBC - the orinating network of A Place To Call Home - would make that error. Can Rogers not change anything on their listings in this wonder age of technology??

I've Been Around

I see things that are clearly wrong in the program guide. Is there a way to get it to update? I'm trying to record the Bahrain Grand Prix and it doesn't show up, though TSN's site clearly lists the schedule.