Programming issues incorrect guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Programming issues incorrect guide

Ongoing long term problems that Rogers will not address or fix. Several times over the months I plan family events usually around major sports events. I find them in the guide and begin to make plans for the events. I.E., today was the Breeders Cup horse racing. It was listed on TSN2 channel 98 and 407 for 3:30 Pm on both channels. We all got around the TV and it was not on either channel, instead it was Nascar. This has happened at least 5 other times in the last couple months. They have no answer or way to correct it as a matter of a fact they don't even suggest its out of the ordinary and are quite casual about it. They tell me to go online and research who the programming is coming through as they don't get paid to do that! Are you KIDDING? I have spent hours on the phone with several reps and managers and was actually told by a manager in confidence and he said, "if I was you I would cancel my service" as it wasn't going to change!!!! YIKES. Forget even trying to deal with the CRTC as they are in the back pocket of Rogers and Bell. Its the old story of GREED and imbalance of the treatment of Canadian people. Another clear case of a society that conforms and does nothing for their rights. Rogers should be disgraced and accountable. Pay and over pay these big companies while they rob us in plain site and we have no voice. I am certain there are many if not thousands of customers that have similar issues daily. When I call in they say its an isolated occurrence. LOL I suppose that s what they are trained to say right???? I feel sick!!!! Who cares right??????

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Programming issues incorrect guide

This is not defending them.. they should be tacking actions to still try and correct it, etc.

But Rogers themselves is not who makes/supplied the GUIDE info itself.  This is from a 3rd party company.

Almost every carrier uses a 3rd party company, these companies are what supply guide info for PC TV cards, DVRs, etc as well.

Now, it is possible that the station BROADCASTING changed their content at the last minute and it wasnt updated.

Its also possible that the 3rd party guide company just had the wrong info... and rogers just posts it.

That being said.. they SHOULD be holding the 3rd party company accountable and if it continually happens they should look at another company, etc.

Unfortunately, the reps, who you talk to when you call in.. even a manager, etc.. really cant do anything at all, they cant fix it, other than potentially pass the info on.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No offence Kitty but you must be kidding if you actually think that way! LMAO, and the point you state you are not an employee has me thinking more so that you are an employee or a paid writer to respond on the behalf of Rogers. That's the exact attitude that puts companies like Rogers in a spot to NOTHING cause individuals like you and others are so heart felt to their position. The actual fact is this. And if you are honest and not offended you will realize much better. There are no excuses as to who is responsible. I, and we all pay Rogers and its their duty top provide the service we pay for no excuse. If they have chosen a 3rd party then its them that should deal with it and rectify it ASAP. They should not be stating they have no answer or responsibility and suggest I look online for programming issues. I pay Rogers they are RESPONSIBLE plain and simple. The opinion you suggested is exactly why Canada is becoming a 3rd world country and the demand for value  and satisfaction is becoming second rate and tolerated. I am sorry I don't roll over and over pay for a service and say or do nothing. Nor will I make excuses for companies like Rogers for not providing the service quality we pay for. No offence I would bet my entire savings to suggest you are not Canadian born? If you were you would certainly not just accept inferiority. I pay a premium almost $150 a month for cable. I will NOT be sympathetic to Rogers because they can't seek out programming providers to reflect the amount of dollars we have to pay for cable. I would accept this poor service if I was only paying $20 a month. I would jump in your boat and go down with your passive ship. Remember as you read this its not personal whoever you are. We need to think collectively as consumers and demand fair service in conjunction of what we pay for. Have a great day. And by the way this has been going on for months and have missed the few only shows or events I have cable for. Im left with shows and infomercials for $150 a month while Rogers makes 100's of millions. Come on people wake up and stand up and be counted. 🙂 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did state, it was their responsibility to have it fixed.

All i said, was it likely was not THEIR fault that it was wrong.. but yes, they should be taking steps to fix it, one way or the other.  I 100% agree on that.  I agree, that they shouldnt be saying when you call in other wise... no they cant fix it, but they should be escalating it, etc.. (their CS often leaves alot to be desired.. i have been trying to post many ideas on SIMPLE things for them to implement which would help their CS departments)

Other than that, i was just posting information, that many people are not aware of. 

Most people beleive that rogers (and most other providers) do the guide themselves.. which they dont.

The tag at the bottom of my thing, is since i help here alot, i have had TONS of poeple message me, thinking i DO work for rogers, asking me to look up stuff on their account.  I can't.  I dont work for them, never have, and have no affiliation with them.  I just have all rogers services (since all other providers where i am, are WORSE), and my family has been with them since the first cellular devices available, was in their first BETA for the high speed internet (128k woo!).. so i have been around the bush a few times with the stuff.. have alot of info.. and try to help others where i can... even if its just posting information (weither that info is PRO or CON to the consumer.. doesnt change the fact of that is what the current info/rules/etc are).

(and if the way i write is part of it.. its because i come from a IT CS background, and also do technical documentation writing.. so i write often like a CS rep :P)

I guess you owe me your life savings though 🙂  I am canadian.. 5 generations on one side.  Born and lived my whole live just north of toronto.

I am all for change.. i am actually very active with things like openmedia and know a number of people who are driving forces in enacting changes. 
i just understand, that some changes/fixes can not be instant... as well, i have a HIGH patience level when there are issues.. i will take the time to sit and work it out for a long time, before freaking out... if i miss something on TV... does it suck? Sure, but to me its not the end of the world.. no matter WHO's fault it is.. its not worth the stress for it, there are more important things in life.

If it wasnt for my wife.. i likely would be a 'cut the cable' person as i have/know more than the average bear about technology and would fully implement things that way :).. but again.. not worth the 'stress' with the wife 😛

I think every person, needs to take EVERYTHING into consideration.. what is REALLY important to them.. and go from there.. like you said, if the cost/value is not there for someone with any service.. its time to change that service.  If $$ is the absolute final mater on it.. they need to descice what is REALLY important (the number of people that think TV is an 'essential' service)

TL;DR
Wasnt trying to say 'your wront its not rogers fault' was just trying to pass on information primarily.
I agree that it should be fixed, and things should be escalated.

I'm a Senior Contributor

IMHO I think everybody is fed up. Tired of paying over the top prices for 3rd rate service, broken down hardware and just about the worst tech support on the planet.

People get worn out from beating their head against a brick wall because there's nowhere to turn. No competition and no incentive for the Big 3 to change.

VOICE your complaints and VOTE with your wallet. It's the ONLY chance we have to turn this mess around.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I Plan to Stick Around

As you know a lot can be lost in translation. Without a complete history its difficult to share thoughts. I agree as well and certainly I am not over stressed. Its quite unfortunate that most see things in a conforming sort of fashion and a programmed manor. Just because one may have a strong opinion does not mean they are stressed out! LOL Its a much longer story but I too write these things in benefit of others and a longshot hope it may help in some little way. The soft conforming approach in this day and age in my view has little success. I am very strongly opinionated but I certainly exercise all options before I make a comment. For the record I have dealt with this several times and its been escalated several times to no avail. At some point we need to say enough is enough! As for me I consider all avenues and possibilities and believe me I have invested a ton of time giving feedback and being patient with these people. Once an issue becomes repetitive and long term all bets are off if no improvement or changes have been made. Its fine to wait a little but come on brother how passive can one be? We continue to pay a full price and premium rates to get a less than adequate service that we are under contract to receive! You know that's the problem with the country and the world and I hate to get philosophical on you but its the case of passive resistance! I do not profess to have all the answers but I am certainly a voice for the underdog or those that have no voice or the ability. Money for me is certainly not the issue either its the principle. In closing consider the elderly and disabled that for one can't even make the call or write a comment! They are lost and pushed aside by big brother. There needs to be adhesion and collective strength in the people. We have to realistic and understand unfortunately the system and companies like Rogers are manipulative and greed based. I am not a fanatic or a doom and gloom person I just see things as they are. In closing I will tell you that I spend 6 months a year in the USA and pay about 1/2 for cable that I do here and of course its a different market but the difference in the quality of cable and service is day and night. Rogers has the technology to improve and the profits to hire more efficient CS people but they choose not to in the name of greed and due to the fact they have a large part of the market share. Man MadMan Frustrated 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately we can only voice our opinions, so much.. without seeing reults, as you have seen..

If the company wont change to what you want, even after repeated things...  this is one of the few times i have to 100% agree with hogwash.. sometimes they just wont listen.. and you are best to vote with your wallet..

If enough people leave... they will have to change SOMETHING to stay afloat.. and maybe will start listening.  Maybe then they will learn

I Plan to Stick Around

I thought of heading down that road Hogwash! Here's the thing though. Not enough competition and we know it. Bell satellite is no better in fact maybe worse. I am not being a pessimist but this whole things runs deeper doesn't it? Its just become part of our culture and as Canadians we simply settle for less and its sad. Like you said with only 3 crooks in the province running the show that's simply not enough but maybe a day will come when our choices may become diverse. As long as they control the market they will collectively keep rates up and service down with no reason to improve. And to boot they know most of us will not live without cable or switch cause there is no difference. An analogy is buying gas for our cars. Those crooks know we have no chance to fight back and cannot stop driving its not realistic. How gas in this country can fluctuate .8 -.10 cents and back overnight is simply criminal. I could go on forever as many industries and necessity items simply have no controls and or regulation. It all boils down to corruption and greed. Those that voice back are categorized as fanatical and complainers. I have written to the CRTC and went down that road as well but again they are in the back pocket of these very companies. I have also recently written to the NATIONAL and as of yet no response. Why don't we grow this group and make people aware and fight back??? I am in anybody else?Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Contributor

Well, I guess I'm fortunate. I lived most of my life before the internet era. Never owned a cell phone. Never will. Knowing Big Brother knows exactly where I am every minute the phone is turned on gives me the creeps. Got a POTS line that I rarely use.

I have a promo on my internet till April. When that is done I'm seriously thinking about shutting it down. After 10 years online it's pretty much a bore these days and definitely not worth the money. Too many scams, ads and government interference. 

Switching to satellite soon for the rest of the family's TV and some day down the road that will be replaced with OTA viewing.

Sick and tired of pandering to the telecom providers greed and indifference.

The internet and digital cable could have been a great thing for society but IMHO providers have destroyed any enjoyment and value that this technology could bring.

All in all, it's been a slice but soon ole Hogwash will be moving on................unless something drastically changes for the better in the near future.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I'm a Senior Advisor

shootthepuck_78, I don't have a solution for you, but here's my side of the situation. I follow motorsports and often when I tune in to a sports channel to watch a race or rally, I find it's some stick-and-ball game. Of course, I've learned to accept this, because I know we motor racing fans are second class citizens. Smiley LOL

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario