Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

This method that Rogers own Tech staff is telling you works in fact “DOES NOT WORK” with Bose soundbars. I found the correct method of how to program the nextbox remote (champion is the Rogers remote’s name I have) on the Shaw cable website. Not surprised given how disorganized I’ve always found Rogers tech to be. You can go to the Shaw cable website for a copy of these instructions. Always start this procedure with the device you’d like your Rogers remote to control already powered on.

1-Press the mode button you’d like to program. It should blink once. In this example I pressed the little “audio” button.

2- press and hold the setup button until the previously selected (audio) mode button blinks twice then release the setup button

3-press and release the mode button you originally selected again. It should light up and stay lit.

4- press and hold the single digit “code” button that corresponds to your device on the keypad and aim it at your device until it turns the device off. For my BOSE sound bar the code button is the number “1”. Hold it until your device turns off. If the number 1 doesn’t work repeat the above steps and go to the next button on your keypad (ie. numbers 2 through 9) until you find the right one. If the device finds the code it needs to shut off your device it will do so within a minute of holding that button. If after a minute it hasn’t found it, repeat the above steps except choose the next higher number on the keypad.

5-done. Use four letter word to release frustration and time wasted on the Rogers website/forums.

Hope this saves someone some time and frustration.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@BryanV What you're describing is not the old Atlas URC1056BO4 5-button remote, the subject of this thread, now discontinued, but the new CHAMPION PLUS URC2125B0-BB remote, which replaces it. See this thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/New-Rogers-RF-remote/m-p/355420#M38382

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

no volume/video source

Everything worked fine last night. Tonight I cannot control the volume on my 5 button converter, nor can I switch HDMI modes to watch Apple TV . I used to hit "tv" then video source to change HDMI modes - now nothing happens-cant even get the screen to appear. Volume/mute don't work either. All other functions appear fine. I have tried reprogramming to no avail. Thoughts?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you press buttons on the remote, do the lights of the appropriate devices flash on the top of the remote? (CBL, TV, etc?)

If you get a number of flashes, then the batteries are low.

You can check if the remote is sending IR signals by pressing a button and viewing the sending part of the remote with a digital camera or your phone. The light is invisible to our eyes but can be seen with cameras.

I've Been Here Awhile

yes the lights work. i used the camera to test the IR signal lights up and that does work. the Remote control works on TV but NOT on the cable box It just quit working.Not dropped  , did not get wet. Nothing it just stopped working.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PVonier2018 : Have you pressed the CBL button at the top of the remote?  Does it light up when sending cable commands?

Check out the following link for the remote:

https://www.urcsupport.com/

Here's the operating manual for the remote under discussion in this thread. If you have a different remote, you can download the manual using the link above:

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Atlas-1056-Eng-Span-Manual.pdf

You can clear custom programming with the following procedure:

The Atlas OCAP 5-Device Remote Control with Learning contains a Custom Programming Reset program. You can use it to remove all custom programming, except your setup codes and reassigned device keys.

IMPORTANT: Executing this program will erase all cus- tom settings for Volume Lock, Learned Keys, Tune-In Keys, and Channel Lock. However, your device programming remains.

1. On the remote control, press and hold SETUP until the last-selected device key blinks twice.

2. Enter 9 8 0. The last-selected device key blinks twice, pauses, and blinks twice again to confirm that all custom programming is cleared.

You may then need to reprogramme the remote for your TV, etc.

You can take the remote back to a Rogers store. They will swap it for free, however, you will likely be provided with the new Champion IR/RF remote, which has some differences discussed in the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/New-Rogers-RF-remote/m-p/409849#M44381

I'm a Senior Advisor

@PVonier2018 As @57 mentioned, if you can't get your remote working, Rogers will replace it for free. They did that for me, but it was the new IR/RF one, which is very nice, but lacked a couple of functions the old 5-button one had. I managed to screw it up by following instructions in another thread here.  I ended up buying a new Atlas 5-button remote off eBay for about $22 including shipping.

I've Been Here Awhile

It is absolutely ridiculous that Rogers makes a product or uses a product that you can't program it should it become unstable

@OLDYELLRwrote:

@PVonier2018As @57 mentioned, if you can't get your remote working, Rogers will replace it for free. They did that for me, but it was the new IR/RF one, which is very nice, but lacked a couple of functions the old 5-button one had. I managed to screw it up by following instructions in another thread here.  I ended up buying a new Atlas 5-button remote off eBay for about $22 including shipping.

. The older system was MUCH BETTER

I'm a Senior Advisor

@PVonier2018 wrote:

. The older system was MUCH BETTER

That is absolutely true. replacing a product with a new version that does not include ALL the functions of the old one is inexcusable. The NAVIGATR cable TV interface is a prime example. It not only missed several useful functions the previous interface had, it introduced a lot of glitches that users are still complaining about.

I'm Here A Lot

Remote Code for OLED65B7P on 1056B03 Remote 

Hi

I have entered all the LG TV remote codes individually (numerous times) on my URC1056B03 remote in an effort to get even minimal functionality with a new LG OLED65B7P TV (awesome TV btw). None of the codes produce any functionality at all.

I have also used the dumb code cycle function with over 500 code entry presses, patiently timed, with zero functionality achieved on the remote for this TV. 

Anyone have a code that works on this remote for this TV? 

Rogers, can I get an updated remote that supports both the Nextbox 3.0 and newer LG TVs?

Thanks anyone who can assist.

Topic Stats