Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

As stated in my original post, I tried that for 10 minutes on two seperate occassions, maybe I will try again for 30 minutes or something. :/

One of the reviews of this tv does say that a "learning remote" could not learn the tvs codes, so maybe this tv just doesnt want to work with universal remotes.. ahh well.

I've Been Around

Philips Sound Bar

Hello everybody,
I have been trying to sync my Philips SoundBar with my remote control for the last 2 hours with no success. I tried all the codes and procedures suggested on urcsupport.com but none of them works. Any idea??
Just a few more technical info:
Sound Bar is Philips (no idea about the odel number);
My remote control model is 1056B03;
Cable bos is a CISCO NetBox;
My TV is Haier.

I hope someone can help me.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @frankfacciolo,

Welcome to the Forums! 

I apologize you were unable to program your Rogers remote with your soundbar. If you've tried all the codes and the CH+ method, it is possible that there could be a compatibility issue. You may also check the link here if it helps. 

Community, please feel to chime in. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

Can't program Rogers remote to control a Sylvania SLED3214A-B TV

Hi,

I purchase a Sylvania SLED3215A-B and I can't seem to find a code on the Rogers remote control (URC1056) that will turn the TV off or adjust the volume.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I've Been Around

How do I program the remote so it is NOT  universal.

Hi

How do I program my remote so that it is NOT a universal remote. I have two cable boxes in close proximity which are connected to two TVs.  When I change the channel on one cable box, both TVs change channels.  How do I make each remote specific for just one cable box?

DG

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @dgezij,

Welcome to the Community! 

A similar question was asked in the thread here and answered by another member of the Community (@57). Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

I just purchased a Philips Soundbar Model CSS2133B.  I have tried suggested codes and searching for the code

with my Rogers remote but have had no luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would like to be able to use

the remote to control the volume of my soundbar.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The following website has information on the remotes such as downloading the operating manual and the codes for various devices. When I put your Philips into the website, it gave me code 1269 for the 1056 remote, which most people have.

http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225

Philips is not a brand that's used by many people and therefore may not be in the database for the Rogers remotes. You may need to get a Harmony or similar programmable remote.

I've Been Around

So in disabling the function you talk about i now can control the volume and the channels for my TV. as it is now i can turn my TV off and on but cannot use any other functions for the TV mainly the volume control. When i press volume it changes the volume of the Netbox which does absoulutely nothing withe volume. it goes from 0 to 100% but the volume of the TV does not change.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PLATEMAN:

If you click my link in my previous post, and then enter "Rogers" and select the remote, there are instructions on how to do everything with the remote.  There is also an option to download the manual for that remote.

After you've entered the proper code for your TV, you will be able to control the volume of the TV using the "Volume Lock" option, which is as follows:

1. Press and hold SETUP until the mode key blinks twice
2. Enter 9-9-3 using the digit keys on the remote.
3. Press the mode key for the device you wish to use for volume control. The key will blink twice to confirm.

If the remote doesn't blink twice to confirm that it works, then your TV model may not be correct, or in the database for the remote at all.  You can also set the "master power" option to turn all your devices on/off with one button press.  The sequence of button presses to programme this function is very important and sometimes it's best to have one person read the instructions while the other person presses the buttons.

Near the top of the web page where there is the picture of the remote there is also a "code finder" where you can indicate the make/model of the TV to find the "correct" code for that make/model of TV.

Often, the default code is already in the remote and that works many of the major TV brands.  The remote should be in the "CBL" mode when you're done and it should blink when you press any buttons. For example, even while in CBL mode, the TV light will blink when controlling the TV's volume when properly programmed.

(Just as an FYI, the Rogers box itself will only control the volume when using the red/white analogue audio outputs. It doesn't usually work with digital outputs like optical or HDMI, so that functionality is mostly useless these days and is left over from long ago when people used analogue connections.  The Setting for volume control via the box also had to be set to "variable" instead of fixed.  The volume control for the TV itself is therefore used mostly these days)

If you have issues with any of this, please provide us with the exact make and model of your TV and exactly what you're trying to do with the remote.

Topic Stats