Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Is this a rented or purchased PVR, still under warranty? Try exchanging it at a Rogers store.

Curiously, I have a 1055 remote with my 8300SD but got a 1056 (with a non-functional "D" button) with the refurbished 8300HD I purchased from Shopping Channel. Even more curious, on the back is shows "1056B03", like the lighted model. Maybe it was assembled from mismatched parts.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

i bought the PVR a few years back when we upgraded our TV -- purchase price was basically the same as renting for a year so why not? The on/off function just stopped working recently, but all other functions are (apparently) OK. As it's mine I cannot go to Rogers for a replacement.

Is there some reset-to-default on the remote itself that I might try?

I've Been Here Awhile

btw I did install new batteries. Not that that seemed the problem but it also wasn't the solution.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Did you go through the setup procedure again as on the back of the remote?

http://www.urcsupport.com/imgsize.php?w=200&h=600&constrain=1&img=images/uploaded_images/Atlas_1056B...

If that doesn't work anymore, maybe the remote is defective. If so, I'd still take it to a Rogers store to confirm it won't work. Even if you can't get a free replacement, they can't be that expensive.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Also, if you want to change the pvr to factory settings you will lose recordings,  however you can do it by going to the settings button,  hit once and if you have the new rtn guide the first item will be appearance.  If you scroll down the settings,  you can go to system and hit ok/select.  The next menu you can reboot the box which is second choice and many love this option as they do not have to crawl around unplugging to reboot.  Anyways the first item is reset to factory defaults,  that one will reset all and rid of your recordings too.................  Good Luck

I've Been Around

hello , I have programmed my Rogers remote to turn on/ off   my Panasonic Blue Ray Home Theatre but cannot use it to adjust the volume , please advise ,  thanks Rick

I Plan to Stick Around

New TV, cant program Rogers remote

Hello,

Got a Sylvania SLED3215A 32" tv and the Rogers remote will just not work with it.  Ive tried the sylvania codes, none work, and tried the 9-9-1 method and hit channel up for more than 10 minutes on two different occassions, and it still never shut off the tv.

So does anyone know how to get the Rogers remote to work with the tv?  Is there a working code for this TV?

Thank you.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Here are a few codes you can try.  If one of those don't work you can go to this site* and scroll to the bottom and enter your TV make and model and click on show me more a couple of times.  Hope it works for you.

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=361     

0187     0054    0171    0030    1944

I Plan to Stick Around

tried those, and already tried the ones on the website. none work. Smiley Sad  Thanks for trying.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @wp519,

Have you tried the 9-9-1 search method on the remote as described here? This is what we suggest if none of the codes work. On my last TV, I had to keep pressing ch+ for about 5-6 minutes before it worked. I will also paste the instructions below: 

> Turn on your TV.

> On the remote control, press TV once; it blinks once. Then press and hold SET UP until the TV key blinks twice.

> ENTER 9-9-1. The TV key blinks twice.

> Press 1 (the device code digit for your TV). The TV key blinks twice. Aim the remote control at the TV and press PWR           once.

> Press and release the CH+ key continuously, then stop when the TV turns off. 

> NOTE: In the search mode, the remote control sends IR codes from its library to the selected device, starting with the         most popular code first.

> Press PWR. The TV should turn on, then press SET UP to lock the code.

> NOTE: If the TV does not turn on during step 6, then slowly press and release CH- to go back through the codes, then       press SET UP when the TV turns on.

> To search for codes of your other devices, repeat steps 1 through 5, but substitute the appropriate key (e.g., AUX, DVD,    CBL, or STB) for the device you are searching for.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Topic Stats