Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to switch between different sources using the universal remote.

It's completely set-up to be able to control my devices, but I can't change the tv input to DVD etc using the universal remote.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

By default on these remotes.. when you are in normal mode.. when you have the TV programmed to the remote as well as your digital box..

power turns both units on/off... channels, and all the other stuff on the remote, control the rogers box... other than sound is usually then set to change the TV volume.

To use the remote, for OTHER TV functions..

press the TV button at the top.. this should allow MOST of the buttons below to emulate whats on your TV remote.
In your case, should be able to press the VIDEO SOURCE button at the bottom left, to change the TV inputs.

Just make sure, when you are done, when you want to go back to controling the rogers box, to hit the CBL button again first, putting it back in that mode.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey guys so I have a fluid tv, and I can't figure this out, I followed these instructions.. http://www.rogershelp.com/DigitalCable-Ontario/article.php?id=YX-C5 the tv turns off when I press the channel button, but then when I'm at the final step to turn the tv on it doesn't.. I tried this multiple times and the tv would turn off but wouldn't turn on at final step. Now when I try and do all the steps it won't even turn off like it did before when I press the channel button.. does anybody know how to find the manual code to do it manually or what am I doing wrong. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can try here, select your remote, then try to look up the code for your specific tv.

http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225

Beyond that, it may be that the remote doesn't have a code for it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response Gdkitty! However, the 'video source' button on the bottom of my remote doesn't do anything. I've tried pressing the 'TV' button on the top of the remote, but when I press the 'Video Source' button nothing happens. 

(Actually on a side note, none of the buttons on the bottom of my remote seems to do anything...the 'On-off' button, the 'swap' button...)

It's driving me NUTS, I always have to go up to the TV and manually change the input to DVD just to be able to watch DVDs etc. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

But when you press tv then the power it does turn off the tv?
(Just making sure that it is working with the tv correctly)

May be that its type of code/signal it's looking for is not supplied by the Rogers remote properly.
(Eg: some tvs use the same code for on/off, some a seperate code. I had an old CRT which would turn off via the Rogers, but not on. The Rogers would only give the off code.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it sounds to me your remote may not have the correct code for your tv. power should turn off your tv at a minimum, if channel + is powering off your tv, it means your remote is using the wrong code

I've Been Around

how do i set my remote to shut off box and tv at the same time

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you follow the instructions on the back of the remote.. and program your TV to the box..

By default.. any time that its on CBL and you hit POWER... it should then send the signal to the TV, and the digital box to turn on (or off)...It sends one instrctions, digital box first i beleive.. then the TV.

I've Been Here Awhile

Looking for help with my Rogers universal remote (Atlas 1055) -- the one included with the SA 8300HD. As of ~2 weeks ago all works fine except we cannot turn the power on or off on the 8300HD using the remote (can still change channel, Record, Pause/FF/RWD on the PVR etc). Changed batteries, no change. Any suggestions? Have tried the cbl / setup / 991 / [SA codes] for a cable box (in desperation) to no avail. Any suggestions?

Topic Stats