Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

I know this is an older post but I am having a problem  setting my remote to work with my TV also.  The code for my TV is 007F...the remote doesn't accept the F.  I've tried just clicking on the number 3 button but I suppose it thinks I'm putting in #3 and I've also pressed it 3 times so it would know I want the F but it doesn't seem to work.  It doesn't work by pressing the channel + button either so what should I do now.  I have tried for 3 or 4 days now with no success.

I was surprised the code has an F in it.  I thought they were all numerical.

Thanks for any help.

Norma

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what TV brand/Model is it?

I've Been Around

The rogers tech programmed my remote to start the cable/pvr box and tv at the same time by pressing the pwr button once.  Can an additional device (stereo)  be added to start at the same time, and how would i do this?  I currently have to start the stereo separatley by pushing the stereo button then pwr.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Can't be certain, but I don't believe you can do it with the Rogers Universal.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Then I wonder what the "AUD" button is for?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, you can program those buttons TO other devices like AVR, DVD, etc.

BUT.. i dont think you can set them to AUTOMATICALLY power on the device like the TV button.. you have to hit AUD and then whatever button.. like a generic multi device remote.

Only real way, would likely to be use a FULL automation remote, like the logitech ones.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

of course you can program the rogers remote to turn on an audio device with the power on.  the power on button by default from the factory has a "macro" programmed into it, which can be changed at any time, i just read the remote control owners guide and i learned how to do it, when your programming the macro, btw the codes are in the booklet, i dont have them, you can press the aud and then power button and add it to your macro sequence and it should work.  you can even do silly things like enter channel numbers into the macro if you wish

I've Been Around

I have the remote for the what was SHAW but now Rogers PVR box.  The remote keys were getting bad so I exchanged the remote for a new one.  Now this remote does not have the 30SEC skip on the keys.  Trying to program it with no sucess.  Can anyone help?

The back of the remote has a 1056B03. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

If the remote was for a rogers box, them it should 'just work'...there are no codes you can put in to make a rogers remote work with a rogers box.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Is this what you are looking for?

Programming Rogers 5 Button Remote

http://www.rogershelp.com/DigitalCable-Ontario/article.php?id=YX-C5

Topic Stats