Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Why can I not program my rogers (5 buttons on top) to include the volume. Volume control is the only thing I have to use the TV remote for. The rogers employee cldn,t walk me through it Says it will never work True?? I have a new Samsung HD and a new HD nextbox and new remote this week

TKS

I'm a Senior Advisor

Volume control SHOULD default to the tv.....but try this....press and hold SETUP until the mode light blinks twice.  Press 993.  Press TV to lock audio to TV mode.

I've Been Around

I hvae just purchased and new RCA 32" LED tv and have tried many time to get the remote to work with no luck. Please advise what to try next?

thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

If you've tried the codes in the manual, and you've tried the 991/CH+ method, then you're out of luck. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can try looking up the codes here:

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=518

Especially if it being new.. if RCA has greatly changed their codes.. the remote may not have the right stuff in it Smiley Sad

Rogers Employee GRtechJason
Rogers Employee

I am a Rogers cable technician, here's a website I use. http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=361

Also sometimes the code may turn the tv on/off but not volume, or not the source. Try a different code for same brand.
Rogers Employee GRtechJason
Rogers Employee

It doesn't always work with audio amps. Best bet is to run all audio and video to tv from components. Then run audio out from to into audio amp. Then you won't have to change audio source ever again
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Problem is with that setup, is that not all tvs always pass the full original audio signal through.
Some may only pass Dolby dts, when the box may be originally broadcasting a higher format and that would be lost.

I've Been Around

I have the same new RCA LED TV model RLED2265A-B All buttons seem to work except pwr off/on and vol control.

I have tried all methods of available for programming for volume and on off. None work. I have spoken to rep at RCA who gave me a couple of extra codes to try, did not work. Talked to rogers rep, who just gave me the information already available on line. I'm out of ideas. no solution from rogers, no solution from RCA. Help !

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately.. there may NOT be a solution Smiley Sad

While the remotes are 'universal' per say.. they are not guaranteed to work with 100% of devices Smiley Sad

Only thing i can MAYBE sugest.. if you can track one down.  There is an elusive BACKLIT remote, which appears to have some different codes for that TV model.. its still a 'cant find an exact match, but this may work' type message.. but its a different code.

Atlas DVR
1056BC03

Topic Stats