Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

incase the search isnt working, i have linked to a post i made over a year ago on this same topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I've Been Around

Jeffery, I just tried your instructions and it was a lot better having them in type as to trying to figure out what those little dots in the Rogers setup book meant.

However I must of missed something as I now have no TV to watch, my TV will turn on but not the digital box.

Is there a way to start over?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

when you hit power.. is JUST the tv light blinking at the top?

Try hitting cbl, then hitting power.. and should turn off BOTH at the same time. (well, one after the other, but in sequence)

I've Been Around

Have just purchased the Boses Solo and related RC-PWS remote, the URC for the Atlanta CBL/SAT box is listed as 02418, that does not work.  Do not want to use the Rogers UR.  Does any one have the Five Digit Code for the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3200?

I've Been Here Awhile

I picked up a new PVR and Remote today to replace one I had. I can't get the remote programmed to control the cable box..can't change channels, access guide or PVR List function...can do all manually at the box. Was able to connect TV to remote to control power and volume.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Heatherm,

Something must be up with that remote. They should all be pre programmed. And they will work on all boxes. (Ie: I can take my one from the basement and it will work on my main floor, no programming)

You have made sure CBL is pressed before any other buttons?

I've Been Here Awhile

yes I was pressing CBL first...back to the store tomorrow I guess Smiley Sad

I'm Here A Lot

Hi, 

I got the Rogers TV connection 1 week back and suddenly, my remote has stopped working. The power button is only working but none of the other buttons work. 

Whenever, I press any button the light on remote control blinks, but the Netbox does not change channels. The Netbox is working fine as the channels are being changed. 

I will be very thankful, if some helps me on this issue. Should I replace the remote or have i used any key which has disabled the functions of other keys.

FR

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if uve tried programming it again and it doesnt work, then simply go to a rogers video store and ask to replace it, its free

I'm Here A Lot

I plan to go tomorrow to Rogers store. I tried to reprogramme today but nothing happened. 

lets see what happens tomorrow. 

Topic Stats