Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

yeah makes no difference

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks to both of you.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

your welcome

I'm Here A Lot

Jeffrey, is there a "previous channel" / back button on the Cisco remote for the Digital Adapter? Also, how to switch to DVD player (normally would select "input")? Thanks.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

See my reply in your other thread Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To answer your Q yes there is a button to return to the prev channel.  As for how to control your TV''s input with this remote, i hate to break it to you but this remote is very basic.  If having a remote that does everything for you, you might want to purchase a universal remote for ~ $10 and up. or ask if rogers has any alternative remotes that can be used for this box.  I know the Atlas brand remotes also work with this DTA and are very easy to program and far more advanced if you need the features. Just dont ask me if and how much rogers will charge to  swap the remote for you since i do not work for them,

I've Been Around

I'm having an awful time trying to program (reprogram?)  my TV. The backstory is that a few buttons on my old remote stopped working and I got a new one of the same model.

I'll lay out the routine:

-Turn on TV and cable box

-Press device key, it flashes once and then five times more almost instantaneously

-Press and hold setup, the device key flashes once and then once more three seconds later. It flashes five more times after I release the key.

-Press 9-9-1, the TV goes to channel 991

-Press power key, nothing happens (note: the power key does shut the box off in any other circumstance)

-Press CH+ repeatedly, channel changes repeatedly and device does not shut off

OR

-Press the other CH+ key at the bottom of my remote, and nothing happens and the device does not shut off

-Device does not shut off so I do not press setup

Expect for the volume and mute key, every other key functions. Only after I press any button, the active device key (the 5-mode TV/CBL/DVD/VCR/AUD one) flashes five times.

What am I missing that I can't even begin to get into the program mode? Thanks a lot.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

check the manual what flashing 5 times rapidly means, but im thinking it could mean you have low batteries?  id double check first.

I've Been Around

hi there!!

question???how do I set my digital set-top box remote to change the channels on my tv....  I follow  the instructions and only get    the volume, mute andpower  going..

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hi farisimo, have you tried selecting the "TV" mode on your remote? also if you have tried this already, and when in TV mode it still controls your STB, have a look at this:

when you go to another device key such as TV or DVD, those buttons will control the remote controlls for the devices in question. But you must make sure your remote has the channel control lock function disabled. because by default the remote controlls channel control capabilities are locked to the cable conveter. The affected keys are 1 throgh 0 ch+ ch- enter and last. This will guarentee that you don't inadvertenlt change a channel on your TV or VCR, however ytou can de-activate this feature to allow full access to these keys in TV and VCR modes.

CBL

hold setup wait for 2 blinks

CH-

Topic Stats