Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Hi,

I've went through the steps for both the automatic and manual code-finding to set up my Rogers 5-mode remote and neither have worked.  When I try to imput the four-digit code for the manufacturer, the TV thinks I'm imputting a channel I want to go to rather than a code, and when I'm pressing [CH+] it's scanning through channels not codes and just keeps surfing and surfing.  Is there a certain menu or channel I'm supposed to be on while doing this so it knows I'm trying to program?

Thanks!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee Jeffrey
Rogers Employee

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Hello leafs121688,

Any channel is ok. Make sure you are waiting for the double flash when holding the setup button in step 3. This is what tells the remote to switch into programming mode. (and not to surf channels)

let me know if this helps.  If it doesn't work it might be a faulty remote.

Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Auto Scanning Method

1. Turn ON your TV.
  2. Press the TV button once. The TV button will flash once.
  3. Press and hold the SETUP button until the TV button flashes twice, then release .
  4. Press 9 9 1 on the number pad. The TV button will flash twice.
  5. Aim the remote TOWARDS your TV, press the PWR button once.
  6. Repeatedly press the CH+ button until your TV turns off. The remote will cycle through all possible codes until a match is found. You may need to press the CH+ button many times before finding a match.
  7. Once the TV turns off, press the SETUP button once to lock the code. The TV button will flash twice.
  8. Confirm the remote is programmed correctly by pressing the PWR button to turn on your TV.

TIP: To program the remote to control other devices, repeat the above instructions using the mode button for that device (DVD, AUX or AUD).

Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Manual Method

1. Find the code for the device you wish to control in the Rogers Remote Code Library.
  2. Turn ON the device you wish to control.
  3. Find the mode button for the device you wish to program (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) Press it once. The button will blink once.
  4. Press and hold the SETUP button until the selected mode button blinks twice.
  5. Enter the 4-digit code for the device. The selected mode button blinks twice. (If the mode button shows a single long blink, the entry is invalid. Try steps 3 and 4 again using a different code if available.)
  6. Point the remote at the device and press PWR button. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 3 and 4, using a different code for your device, if available.
  7. If you continue to experience problems, try the auto-scanning mode detailed above.

*** Update June 13th, 2017 ***

Please click Here to view the updated "How To" guide for programming steps on the Champion Plus IR remote.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the help Jeffrey.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was looking to purcahse the above receiver.  Does Rogers have a working code to program their remote control, 1056 5-button, to control the volume of this receiver?

Thanks for any help!!

D

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just a FYI, the Rogers remote is very powerfull. Infact its more powerfull than we know. I have compeltely stopped using my factory LG tv remote and have programmed discreet codes into the rogers one to mimic functions that only the factory remote could do, such as turning on the closed caption, pip, video input source, and the sound/picture settings.   So instead of struggling like my next door neighbour fumbling with 2 remotes,  I have one simple remote, controlling not only the Rogers cable box, but also the TV.    My neighbour is gealous of me when ever he comes over but i know he is too embarrased to ask how I did it.

I'm Here A Lot

I would like to get rid of my audio remote also. I can on/off, adjust volume but any way the rogers pvr remote can switch between inputs on my receiver?

Rogers Employee Toff
Rogers Employee

I think it actually varies. For example the function works for my one receiver in the basement, but not for the other one in my living room upstairs.

In the basment, I just press different numbers on the Rogers keypad which function as a switch between the different inputs on my receiver.

Same thing applies to accessing the TV menu options. It will work on certain TVs but not others.
I Plan to Stick Around

Jeffrey wrote:Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Manual Method

1. Find the code for the device you wish to control in the Rogers Remote Code Library

Some of us have the remote with the "D" button:  http://urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=289

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm not tech savy so this may sound like a dumb question. When I program my DVD player to my remote should the TV be on or off?
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Makes no difference unless you want to see what your DVD player is doing.
Topic Stats