Program sleep timer to shut off TV as well

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Program sleep timer to shut off TV as well

I can program the sleep timer and it shuts off the cable box but not the TV.  How do i fix this?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Program sleep timer to shut off TV as well

you need to use your TV's Sleep Timer function, if it has one. Not all TV's have this, so if yours doesn't your outta luck. Chances are, you would need to program the Rogers Remote to control this function of the TV, its not easy, as you would have to go to JP1 forums, and search for a EFC code for your TV's manufacturer and code it into an unused button on your Rogers remote, or you can just use your Original remote and use the sleep function with that. its safe to leave your Rogers STB on while the tv is going to sleep.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply.  As my TV remote is close to being toast it's not easy to program the TV to shut off. 

I will try the JP1 forum and attempt your solution.

Thanks again.

I've Been Around

Are you on the new guide? With a Cisco box? Where did you find the sleep timer? Every since I upgraded to Netbox I am unable to find the timer. Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The boxes running the new IPG ( New guide) Do not have the sleep feature anymore. They took that off with the new update. The Nextbox is the same as the 8642 HDPVR box. No different.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

so now the only sleep timer you need to program is the tv function into the rogers remote, if you do not know the code, you can go on the jp1 forums and find the discreet code for it

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea. I have my TV set already to sleep from 1am - 7am when i get up. The box i leave it turned on & the clock turned off on the front display.
I Plan to Stick Around

Plug your TV into the rear power supply outlet of the DVR. (Can't remember if you have to enable this outlet through the menu.) When the DVR turns off so will the TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Note: mostly only the old boxes have that outlet port, newer ones dont.

But mostly only the older ones are the onlys ones which have the sleep timer as well.  The OSs on the newer boxes dont have it anymore.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@123xyz123 wrote:

Plug your TV into the rear power supply outlet of the DVR. (Can't remember if you have to enable this outlet through the menu.) When the DVR turns off so will the TV.

As Gdkitty says, NetBox3 does not support this.  The Netbox 2 (8642) has the outlet.

Personally I would would rather have the TV running should you ever fall asleep watching it (once or twice a month), then to be essentially uplugging the TV each time you power on and off the PVR (several time a day), if in fact it is switchable.  Sometimes they are not.