Problems with On Demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Problems with On Demand

Is anyone having problems with using On Demand?  I've tried watching both movies and TV shows and neither work.  I can select shows/movies to watch but then nothing happens......no picture, can't fast forward or anything.  When I hit stop, the show/movie appears in my "Saved Videos" option but if I select it and press play, nothing happens.  This seems to have just started recently so I'm wondering if it's a side effect of an "upgrade".

I'd appreciate any input from the Community!

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Problems with On Demand

My last rod, on the weekend, worked fine.

Have you tried rebooting the box?

I've Been Here Awhile

Problems with On Demand

is anyone else having problems with ON DEMAND?....I cant get in to watch it?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

What kind of problems do you have and which box are you using?

I've Been Here Awhile

old one lol 3200.....says demand is having problems....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tried a reboot yet?

Some of the older Sara boxes are having issues right now with not updating the guide, etc. wonder if effecting the rod and similar services as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

that did it! Thanks so much!...GDkitty

I'm a Regular

I tried hitting VOD for a show for the first time and got a message saying it wasn't working. Tried again later and got the same message. Is anyone else having problems with this function?

..and yes I've already re-booted. Is this function only available with certain packages? We've got the Cisco Nextbox.

I'm a Regular

Okay. Is no one else experienceing problems with VOD? We have the Cisco PVR (about 2 years old). I used SEARCH to find a particular episode of a show. Sometimes I get nothing sometimes I see a list of shows. Last night I got the list of episodes marked as VOD. I selected the episode I wanted and clicked on it. I got the following message: An error occurred when launching VOD (3).

I'm paying for service I'm not receiving.

Looks like next stop is Twitter or Facebook.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I find the best results for using VOD fo watch TV shows is to use the ON Demand button --click on the network ( CBC, CTV, Global etc.) and select the show and episode from there.

Using "search" I notice many shows and episodes are not listed.
Note: I have the Nextbox 2.