Problem with PBS channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Problem with PBS channel

At various times, channel 64 (PBS) briefly emits a loud noise (similar to the Amber Alert noise) and the screen goes blank. After varying time intervals, the picture may come back, but it is often frozen and there is no sound.  Other channels are working properly at this time.

This behaviour has been happening for at least three weeks at this point. We do not normally watch PBS shows during the daytime, so I can only report that this happens during evening shows.

I am located in Ottawa. This happens on both TVs in the house, which I would assume means it is n ot a hardware problem with either the TVs themselves or the digital boxes (8642HD).

*Added Labels*

Highlighted

Re: Problem with PBS channel

Hello, @DAJ3.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for your detailed post. I'm not seeing other reported incidents for the PBS channel. However, we'd love to get to the bottom of this. 

Please reach out to us when you are experiencing the issue so we can run effective diagnostics. You can send us a private message @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is the first time in several days that I have been able to sign into the forums, but I have also experienced this problem.
Highlighted

Afternoon @jays77, if you're continuing to experience this issue, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps as recommended by RogersMoin in the post above yours. 

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We have been having the same problem with WPBS for a few weeks. It is very annoying.

Highlighted

Hello @Phouli,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! I hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying safe. 
We would love to take a closer look at the situation with you, kindly reach out to us when you are experiencing the issue so we can run diagnostics. You can send us a private message @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with private messaging.

Regards,

RogersRob