Problem with Cisco 4642HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Problem with Cisco 4642HD

I have the rogers Whole Home Netbox 2.0 service, with 1 x 8642HD PVR and 2 x 4642HD boxes.  Everything works as it should EXCEPT I one of the 4642HD, when it's working it's fine, but twice now when we go to use this tv/box, the time is not showing ont he box, only the "home" icon for the whole home connection is showing.  The box will not respond to the remote or to the front pannel buttons on the box?  Only solution seems to be unplug it and reboot it. 

Anyone have any idea?  Or anyone have similar experiences with the 4642HD box? 

The other two boxes have been fine no issues at all...

Thanks

PB

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Problem with Cisco 4642HD

Could be a faulty box..

Or could be a signal thing.. the time, etc is forced out from the network.. and they normaly do a reset on these guys over night.. so durring that time, if it cant pick up a good enough signal.. that could cause it possibly.

Giving tech a call, they can probably send a tech out to take a look.. check the signal strength to that box, etc.  Beyond that might have to swap the boxes at a rogers store.

I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 4642HD issue

Does anyone know when my Rogers 4642HD box won't recognize my whole home NextBox? As of today I'm on my third 4642 box in less than a year. Other 4642 problems also exist around TV screen blanking out in multi-colour etc.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot further?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@5whits wrote:

Nextbox 4642HD issue

Does anyone know when my Rogers 4642HD box won't recognize my whole home NextBox? As of today I'm on my third 4642 box in less than a year. Other 4642 problems also exist around TV screen blanking out in multi-colour etc.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot further?

Silly question but....do you have the service set up in your house?

WHPVR requires a tech to come to your house and install a filter on your line, and a software push to enable the service.  There needs to be a house icon on both the PVR and the 4642 to indicate comminication