Price of receiver hardware?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Price of receiver hardware?

@rac63 I Agree it would be nice to swap, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Rogers is going to launch IPTV early next year, so we should be getting new hardware.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@gp-se  Although, even though we are told IPTV is coming soon, there have been posters who have indicated that they have seen information that our current boxes will be in place for a while, even with the IPTV model coming in.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BS @gp-se

That is correct.. There are technicans that are working as we speak with the IPTV boxes in their homes and testing them out(one if them is my uncle actually) and seen how the IPTV works. Unfortunately I can't share to much information about the IPTV BUT the information I know is that current cable with the CURRENT boxes we have will stay until the full roll out has been made and everyone has been switched over. It also notes that that may change and they will have both at the same time like Bell did before.

IPTV boxes although smaller, been told they will be as much as the PVR sets ($24.99). There most likely be a promotion when it first lunches to get it at a discount price upon signing a contract with cable with internet or a promotion on the box pricing but that will be seen when it launches next year.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Found this article on the internet regarding ROGERS IPTV, click on link below.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rogers-scraps-in-house-iptv-plan-partners-with-com...

I don't know what too make of this NEW service ROGERS claims to launch in early 2018 if it ever happens.  LOL

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rac63

They will launch it. Again i have seen it in action and seen the terminal they are using for the IPTV. Pretty good so far but can not give more details or specs. I will say this, Rogers will have to cater to both cable and IPTV as everyone won't switch over to IPTV.

As per the memos and emails I have seen, they will existing cable in. Also from the looks of it, the article states Rogers will also bring more 4k content and also change and make cable a bit better.

" To fill the more-than-a-year long gap before Rogers can offer a similar option, the company said it will continue to enhance its existing TV platform, including more high-resolution 4K content."
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

If people are curious as to what the Comcast X1 platform delivers, Shaw just recently launched its version of the platform, BlueSky.

https://www.shaw.ca/television/blueskytv/

Or, just go right ot the source itself...

https://www.xfinity.com/x1

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Wow @Lurker - did you notice their introductory prices on their bundled TV and Internet - too bad they can't provide out here.

Looks pretty slick though.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Because Bell's tech is not as good. I've been with Rogers and Bell. When I was with bell, their HD receivers' best resolution was 7200P, rogers was 1080P. I live in a apartment building. Rogers has 1000 Mbps internet, Bell's best is about 10-20. Bell bloats their channel numbers. Niche channels: Fireplace aquarium and sunset channels. Roger has 1 of each. Bell has Fireplace channel, fireplace channel HD, fireplace channel FRENCH, fireplace channel FRENCH HD. Lesser channels, previous generation tech... you get what you pay for.