Price of receiver hardware?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Price of receiver hardware?

What happens to the $15 (PVR) and $7 (HD non-PVR) options for Rogers cable boxes? In addition to very competitive rates for TV, Internet, and phone services, Bell also has their hardware priced much lower than Rogers. All Bell bundles include their PVR at $15/mth and their wireless receivers at $7/mth. Why is Rogers charging more than their largest competitor?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Price of receiver hardware?

Hello @toolcubed

Priced went up when the NB3 came out. The more they add into the box, it seems the more they charge. I actually got my NB3 free if charge to keep when I spoke to retentions for a deal. The 4K terminals I am paying $12.95 each (x2). I do agree they need to bring down the pricing of the terminals. It's going to much at this point and if needed be, contact retentions or a manager and see what they can offer u.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The $15 and 7 prices...

Those were for the RENTO TO OWN options though, i beleive?
Which I dont think that they fully do anymore..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

They only do that if u bundle packages or speak to retentions.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ok so as long as I'm bundling, I can still get a non-PVR HD box for $7/mnth?  I really hope I don't have to speak to retentions.  My point was that Bell clearly advertises it when you put together a bundle on your own on their website - $15 for their PVR and $7 for their wireless (non-PVR) boxes...no need to "negotiate" with anyone.  If Rogers actually thinks their cable boxes are better than Bell's, they're clearly out to lunch.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What I find upsetting about the NEW Rogers 4K HD terminal/pvr.

I currently have a Netbox 3.0 PVR in my livingroom and I had a Netbox HD Terminal which I returned for a 4K HD Terminal on May 5, 2017.  I should note when Rogers comes out with a NEW product/upgrade to a current product I like to make the exchange/upgrade.

Getting back to my point...

My current rental for my Netbox 3.0 Pvr is $0.  I'm on a promotion for the box (I'm saving $24.95/month on the rental).   My rental for the the Netbox HD Terminal was $7.50 (actual rental cost $12.95).  I have since upgraded this to the NEW 4k HD Terminal (the reason for the exchange was the HD Terminal was making a hissing/humming noise when on/off).  I was not allowed the same pricing for the 4K HD Terminal rental even though the price is the same.  Too make matters worse If I decide to exchange the Netbox 3.0 PVR and upgrade to the 4K PVR I will be charged $24.95 to my bill.  

I called BELL to inquire about their FIBE TV packages and 4K boxes.  I was shocked to learn that I can get a 4K PVR and a 4K HD Terminal for rental...FREE!   I am determined to still get a 4K PVR and I want it on my current Rogers plan.  When I call the Rogers agent tells me that the pricing code for the 4K PVR does not work with my current plan...well then change it!  Not being able to exchange my Netbox 3.0 PVR for the NEW 4K PVR is making me want too go back to BELL.

ROGERS if you want too keep my business change the cost structure on your tv boxes!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rac63

That promotion was only for the NextBox 3.0 and not the 4K PVR box. So unfortunately they wouldn't be able to change it. Bell does have that offer but also have heard a few things about their boxes having issues and or their service only giving limited channels like Rogers.

The price being $0 with Bell makes sense but why can't Rogers do it?

EDIT - Just called and spoke to a manager and a rep. They said unfortunately there is no credit or anything to do for the 4K PVR box and that we have to wait. Seems like Bell is doing right vs Rogers always going downhill in promotions.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I've been calling and I even went down to a Rogers store at Jarvis and Bloor to inquire about the pricing & exchange from the Netbox 3.0 HD PVR to a 4K HD PVR.

The price on the 4K HD PVR is $24.95...the price of the Netbox 3.0 HD PVR in my promotion was $24.95 which I'm not paying because of my promotion.  I checked and the price now on the Netbox 3.0 HD PVR is $18 if someone was to rent one.

ROGERS must be able to over ride their system to allow me / customers to exchange their boxes and upgrade from a Nextbox 3.0 HD PVR to the NEW 4K HD PVR.   This is my issue with ROGERS.  If you have the product allow your customer too be able to exchange the product.  I'm serious considering going back to BELL Fibe TV or buying a gadget to stream tv/movie shows and do away with ROGERS/BELL all together.  One upset customer.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rac63 wrote:

I've been calling and I even went down to a Rogers store at Jarvis and Bloor to inquire about the pricing & exchange from the Netbox 3.0 HD PVR to a 4K HD PVR.

The price on the 4K HD PVR is $24.95...the price of the Netbox 3.0 HD PVR in my promotion was $24.95 which I'm not paying because of my promotion.  I checked and the price now on the Netbox 3.0 HD PVR is $18 if someone was to rent one.

ROGERS must be able to over ride their system to allow me / customers to exchange their boxes and upgrade from a Nextbox 3.0 HD PVR to the NEW 4K HD PVR.   This is my issue with ROGERS.  If you have the product allow your customer too be able to exchange the product.  I'm serious considering going back to BELL Fibe TV or buying a gadget to stream tv/movie shows and do away with ROGERS/BELL all together.  One upset customer.

When you signed with Rogers were you promised a NextBox 3.0 or 4K PVR? Now your saying your going to leave if they don't give you better hardware that was never promised in the first place. Yes the rental price is the same, but for whatever reason Rogers chooses only to provide the Nextbox 3.0 for free depending on your plan. 

I would LOVE a free Nextbox 4K PVR over the free Nextbox 3.0 I have, but I knew the terms when I signed up. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No I was not promised a 4K HD PVR.

As a loyal customer one would think I would have the option of exchanging my Nextbox 3.0 HD PVR for a 4K HD PVR without having to pay more on my current package.

I've noticed that the cost of renting any of the ROGERS tv boxes has changed.

Nextbox HD Terminal (Rent) @ $12.00 (Purchase) @ $319.99

Nextbox HD PVR (Rent) @ $18.00 (Purchase) @ $499.99

Nextbox 4K Terminal (Rent) @ $12.95 (Purchase) N/A

Nextbox 4K PVR (Rent) @ $24.95 (Purchase) N/A

It would be nice too just be able to exchange my tv boxes without any hassle.