Plus Extra Pack

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Plus Extra Pack

Could anybody tell me which channels are included in this pack? The phrase appears under Extra Channels in MyTVPackage...

***Edited Labels***

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Plus Extra Pack

While I'm not sure of exactly which channels are in it, it doesn't really matter since that is something built into that package and cannot be removed. The only way to get rid of it would be to change your package altogether.

I Plan to Stick Around

I see. Logically then I need to compare a virgin Plus channel lineup with what I have and the unaccounted will be the Extra portion... Unfortunately Rogers portal sucks (IE crashes, in Firefox balls keep bouncing forever) so I can't check. Would you be good enough to list here the Plus channels?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @z-,

To see what channels are included in the Extra Plus pack, check this link: https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/TV/ChannelList-Ontario_en.pdf.

This document does not show what channel numbers you are supposed to get, just channel names...and applies to the Toronto area only.

I hope this helps you!

I'm an Advisor

Hello @z-,

Gdkitty did a comparison a while back - check it out: 

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp wrote:

To see what channels are included in the Extra Plus pack, check this link: https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/TV/ChannelList-Ontario_en.pdf.

This document does not show what channel numbers you are supposed to get, just channel names...and applies to the Toronto area only.

Do you see any way to access a PDF like that for cities other than Toronto? I couldn't even find a link to find what you posted. And yes I know it doesn't show channel numbers. We're still waiting for rogers to bring that back.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Hey @OLDYELLR,

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@robindp wrote:

Do you see any way to access a PDF like that for cities other than Toronto? I couldn't even find a link to find what you posted. And yes I know it doesn't show channel numbers. We're still waiting for rogers to bring that back.

It looks like only one version of this PDF exists. Here is how I found it:

- Visit www.rogers.com. 

- Scroll down, click "TV". 

- On the "Packages" tab, click "225+ channels" (beside Basic TV) - the PDF loads. 

I hope this helps @z- find the info they were looking for!

I Plan to Stick Around

The pdf is a low resolution garbage. If it says Toronto it suggests that the lineup is different elsewhere. I'd like to have this for Ottawa. Tried the Shop>TV>Channels, it lists up to Al Nahar channel, the Load more doesn't work: on Firefox it gets stuck with

rogers-balls.jpg

on IE it crashes. God knows what js is running amok in the background. Overall, Rogers has an awful webdesign, full of useless info with large characters and meaningless icons.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @z-,

@z- wrote:

Tried the Shop>TV>Channels, it lists up to Al Nahar channel, the Load more doesn't work: on Firefox it gets stuck with

rogers-balls.jpg

on IE it crashes. God knows what js is running amok in the background. Overall, Rogers has an awful webdesign, full of useless info with large characters and meaningless icons.

The Channels tab does contain a list of channels and what packages they belong to -- but applies to Toronto only.  As per the Channels tab - "These channels are available in Toronto. Contact us to see what's offered in your area."

As for the channels tab not loading 'more' when clicked, it works for me on all computers - running Firefox 45, Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10.  Also working on my tablet (iPad 4, iOS 9).

If you are still interested in having your question answered, give Rogers a call and a chance for them to help you...they might be able to provide an answer.

Have a good one!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@z- wrote:

The pdf is a low resolution garbage. If it says Toronto it suggests that the lineup is different elsewhere. I'd like to have this for Ottawa. Tried the Shop>TV>Channels, it lists up to Al Nahar channel, the Load more doesn't work: on Firefox it gets stuck with

rogers-balls.jpg

Resolution is okay and you can read everything clearly if you zoom it or download it. Yes, it will be different elsewhere because of local channels and alternate channels.

But the biggest flaw is the missing channel numbers. Of course, they're even more likely to be different in different areas, which is why Rogers doesn't show them.

I don't get the perpetual dancing jelly beans anymore, but I've seen them enough. You'll have to get @CommunityHelps to figure that out.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario