Plus Extra Pack

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Plus Extra Pack

@z- wrote:

I see. Logically then I need to compare a virgin Plus channel lineup with what I have and the unaccounted will be the Extra portion... Unfortunately Rogers portal sucks (IE crashes, in Firefox balls keep bouncing forever) so I can't check. Would you be good enough to list here the Plus channels?

That won't do you any good either. Like I said it is counted as part of the package, despite being listed as something separate. The channel lineup will have all of the channels included, including those in the extra pack.

Again there isn't anything you can do with the extra pack so I'm not certain what you're trying to achieve. You'd be better off just comparing the package as a whole to one of the other core packages or the starter package/them packages if you're trying to save money.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.

Then what's the point of even mentioning it under the extras indicating a huge favour from Rogers... and here I'll do a Rogers salute: scratching my left earlobe with my right hand reaching over my head. :-)

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Extra Plus package channels - advertised on TV vs what's shown on website

Hi, does anyone at Rogers know why their commercials for the Extra Plus package indicate that channels like Action and W are included in the package but their website says those channels are NOT included? I remember when I had Extra Plus, I didn't get those channels. Has the package been updated recently to include more channels? Are the commercials right? Or is the website (showing the channel comparison between packages) right? Thanks.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @toolcubed

Thank you for your patience, I'm going to have someone reach out to you from @CommunityHelps in a Private Message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums. You can also click here to access your inbox. 

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thanks, 

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

So if the Plus Extra Pack is included in the "Plus" package, why am I paying $77.99 per month instead of $65.99 as listed on the website?

I've Been Around

Since we can't get a straight answer as to the Extra Pack charge of $1.00, my conclusion is Roger's way of getting an extra $1.00 from all customers - sure adds up!  Way to go Rogers!!!

I've Been Around

Old Rogers Extra Plus Package vs new package options

So I was thinking about changing my tv package to downsize so that my monthly bill is less expensive.

Here's the possible problem: my package that I pay for (Extra Plus)  is no longer an option.  Instead, there are three new options at different prices.  I cannot find the list of all channels for Extra Plus to compare to the new package offering and see which is the better deal.

Does anyone has an old list of the Extra Plus pacakge that they could link me to so that I may compare?  I tried going in to my local Rogers provider store and they said they could not help me.

Thanks in advance!

I Plan to Stick Around

@melbiwankenobi wrote:

...Does anyone has an old list of the Extra Plus pacakge that they could link me to so that I may compare?  I tried going in to my local Rogers provider store and they said they could not help me. ...

Hi,

A year ago, in a chat, a Rogers employee gave me this list which accounts for the difference between Plus and Extra Plus in my package. Apparently this changes by region to region. So, here we go:

• YES TV
• YES TV HD 
• Your World This Week - Promotional TV
• YTV - East
• YTV HD (East)
• YTV On Demand
• 102.1 The Edge Toronto 
• 104.5 CHUM FM Toronto
• 680 NEWS Toronto (CFTR AM)
• 96.9 JACK FM Vancouver 
• 98.1 CHFI Toronto
• 999 VIRGIN RADIO
• AMI-audio
• boom 97.3
• CBC Radio One Toronto CBLA FM
• CFRB AM News/Talk 1010 Toronto
• CFZM-AM 740 (Zoomer Radio)
• CHCR Greek Radio
• CHHA AM 1610 Spanish Radio Toronto
• CHIR FM Greek Radio Toronto
• CHOQ-FM 105.1 Toronto
• CHRY 105.5 FM York U Toronto
• CIUT FM 89.5 U. of T. Toronto
• CJBC AM 860 Toronto Premiere Chaine
• CKAV 106.5FM Aboriginal Voices Radio Toronto
• CPWA FM Portuguese Radio Toronto
• FLOW 93.5 Toronto (CFXJ FM)
• JAZZ.FM91 Toronto (CJRT)
• KICX FM 106
• KISS 92.5 Toronto
• Q107 Toronto
• Stingray Radio (which provides approximately 60 different types of music choices)
• THE FAN 590 Toronto (CJCL)
• Vinyl 95.3
• WBFO 88.7FM
• Z103.5 Toronto (CIDC) 

I have yet to recover from the shock.

I'm sure some indignant rogers employee will soon comment on this list. Stay tuned.