Please Specify Your Location When asking for Help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Please Specify Your Location When asking for Help

Hey folks.

Because Rogers uses different hardware in different areas of the country, if you're asking for hardware help, please specify the province you live in and the type of hardware you're asking about.

For example, in NB, the Nextbox 2 is from Motorola, while in Ontario, the Nextbox 2 (and 3) is from Cisco. 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShaan
Retired Moderator

Re: Please Specify Your Location When asking for Help

Thanks Robot Happy

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Wow... I had no idea that "Nextbox 2" refers to different company's products in different areas of the country. Talk about confusing!

If that's the case it really is a shame the forum software doesn't currently present:

1) our Location (a field found on the forum's My Settings -> Personal Profile page) next to each of our posts, underneath our username (like most other web forum software made in the last 15 years does by default).

2) a listing of our current Rogers hardware in that same area (data which the user would provide in the Personal Profile area, via multiple (if necessary) dropdowns listing alll Rogers hardware, by category). Many special-interest forums allow their users to do this, listing their current cars, cameras, relevant equipment etc so that other readers can quickly see if an issue or comment that is being written about is relevant to them also.

I have my Location info filled in in my Personal Profile... yet I'm not sure what purpose that serves - not only does the info not show next to my posts, it doesn't even show on my Profile page when I click my username. I even checked if it'd appear only when I was signed-out.. nope!

I should be surprised.. but I've been a Rogers customer for a while now... and I'm typically only surprised when something actually works as I'd hoped it would/should.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do agree.. having a spot to have it auto-added at the end of the profile... IF the information is filled out.. would be a great addition if it could be done on this forum.

Would/should still be optional though... some people.. still like their privacy.. posting the location, or other information, which the user may not want always displayed.. shouldnt happen.

I'm a Senior Advisor

is right, there is a place in your profile to enter your location, but it doesn't show in the panel on the left where people can see it. You have to snoop the poster's profile to see that. However, you can always add that information to your signature, as well as the Rogers equipment you have,

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation