Playback issues deleted or not enough resources

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Playback issues deleted or not enough resources

During a playback or every movie, the whole home stops with the error the program has either been deleted or there are not enough resources.  This only happens on long recordings like a movie. When you resume it starts about an hour back from the stop point.  Happens with any movie.  Weird. Can't be bothered calling Rogers and being on hold for an hour. Maybe the bug will get fixed.  

***Edited Labels***

I'm an Advisor

Re: Playback issues deleted or not enough resources

Hello @Saildude28,

I had a similar problem 2 years ago - a technician visited and replaced a splitter and MoCA filter, which resolved the problem. The technician visit was free and they were able to come on the weekend. 

I hear you about the long hold times - try reporting your issue to Rogers via Twitter - send a tweet to @RogersHelps. My experience - they respond in 3-4 hours, and you don't need to be home (send the tweet in the morning before work/school, have a response by lunch). This will allow you to get a tech scheduled and to your home with minimal effort. 

EDIT: Have you tried rebooting BOTH Rogers boxes? Reboot the primary PVR (where the movie is recorded) and wait 15-20 minutes. Reboot the secondary cable box (where you are trying to view the movie) and wait 15-20 minutes. Are you now able to watch your movie without getting any error messages?

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you I have had the boxes replaced wiring replaced splitters replaced rebooted and rebooted and well rebooted. Same issues over and over to no resolve I have had dozens of visits over one year including senior techs  o oh had the service for a year.  

I'm an Advisor

Oh man, sorry to hear that! I recommend calling in and getting your ticket escalated - I have done this before based on the same issues you mentioned, and had a 2-man team come out to diagnose and fix my problem (junior and senior tech). 

You can make a request for escalation via Twitter, indicating that you have the *same* issue again and that it has not been fixed after multiple technician visits. You can also submit a concern online at https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=contactUsShareAConcern. 

I have never used the "share a concern" link, but I hear it can generate a call back from Rogers. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, first guess is signal.. but you seem to have eliminated that out.

Which is your PVR box, which mode?
My guess is the 8642? (nextbox2)

Is it in use at the same time that the playback on the other box is being done?

I've Been Here Awhile

Have the same issue on every movie I play back...had Rogers onsite can't tell how many times...also have issues with not recording shows (even when it says it will)...strange ...  performance is still a major issue...

I've Been Here Awhile

You are correct...all of the cables, switches, boxes, main line in, pretty much everything replaced...even thought it was the TV make so tried on another one - same issue...just learn to live with it ...

I'm an Advisor

Hello @saildude,

Just following up - have you called Rogers to have this issue escalated? We have been watching long recordings (3+ hours) via Whole Home PVR and have not had this issue. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have called Rogers so many times over the past year...and had so many tech visits...that I am just tired...if it works it works...but sadly it doesn't....working on switching to Internet TV can't be any worse....
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @saildude,

Welcome to the Community! 

I would like to look further into your account to help address this issue. I want to go through the technician's notes and your ticket which you had created for this issue to see if there is any progress. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam