Pixelization on rented movies ....

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Pixelization on rented movies ....

It seems very rare now that i don't get some pixelization when renting a movie on a Friday night ..... last night included (but only a couple of times for 10-15 sec). Occationally we can't even watch it ..... we wait to continue watching it on Saturday .

They just installed a new line from the box yesterday as the buried cable failed a month ago and a temp was placed above ground till then, but alas, pixelization!

My family is now in the "dump rogers" mode .... for some reason they feel that at $6000 per year (phones, internet,tv,etc) we should be able to rent a movie and watch it when we want ...... wow, demanding aren't they!

Anyway, how many of you experience signal problems on the peek times (Friday night) ?

With a new line i guess this is as good as it will ever get .......

KC

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Pixelization on rented movies ....

Do you have a Nextbox 3.0? Those require a good strong signal. Call Rogers to send a tech out to check.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, i have 2 netbox 3.0's.

kc

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kc wrote:

It seems very rare now that i don't get some pixelization when renting a movie on a Friday night ..... last night included (but only a couple of times for 10-15 sec). Occationally we can't even watch it ..... we wait to continue watching it on Saturday .

They just installed a new line from the box yesterday as the buried cable failed a month ago and a temp was placed above ground till then, but alas, pixelization!

It doees seem ok when watching it on SAT?  That to me sounds more like a local issue, outside of the house... more likely that something on the street, while under the heavier load.. is not being able to handle the load.
Unfortunately this isnt something a regular tech can fix.. more requires multiple calls from mulitple people, before they usually send someone out to look Smiley Sad

I can completly undstand the frustration.. and the wanting to dump them.
I had a similar problem 2 years ago.. took a few months to resolve.

There were times durring that, that i wanted to switch..
But no matter where/who you go with.. NO ONE has a perfect system.. when it comes to lines, signals, etc.. that can happen with any provider, different types of connections, etc.