Picture-in-Picture

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Picture-in-Picture

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this and I haven't seen it posted.

I have the nextbox3.0 in my living room attached to a 60" LG 4k smart TV controlled by the new remote.  I have 2 other HDTVs in the house connected via whole-home with what I believe are Nextbox2 HD PVR.

The new remote offers on/off Picture in Picture and swap.  The old remote allowed 'move' options.  When I turn it on, the 2 boxes open up and only consume about 25% of the screen each.  Also, there is no way to have one full screen and the other in one of the 4 corners (and moveable).

To me this is a significant downgrade on PIP functionality.  I realize the small boxes allow for scrolling the guide underneath but what good is a 60" TV with two 18" boxes for PIP?

Is there a way to restore previous functionality?  Or, since all my boxes have this new navigatr, am I stuck with this garbage?  I have to admit, paying $35.99/month to watch NFL Sunday ticket is now a LOT less appetizing.

Time to consider cord cutting (thats $120/month lost to you, Rogers!)

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: Picture-in-Picture

Hi @Dllevine,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Anyone else in the Community care to chime in?  @Gdkitty@robindp ??

RogersRoland

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Dllevine,

Unfortunately, the "PIP Move" button has been removed/deleted from the new Rogers RF remote control.

This said, take your new Rogers RF remote to any Rogers Plus store and request the older model - you should get be able to get one with no issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

HI There,

Thanks for reply but this isn't the answer either.  I tried using a remote & box from another tv in the house and no joy.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Unless they're somehow paired?  I tried using an old remote w/the Nextbox3 and it didn't bring back the old PIP presentation

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Dllevine,

I have a Nextbox 3 and it works with both the new and old remotes.

On your old remote - press the CBL button (top left) - it will flash red.  Now press the "Power" button on the old remote:

1) Did the CBL button light up?

2) Did the Nextbox 3 turn off?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'll have to try this when I get home tonight.

Is the PIP functionality controlled by the remote?  Is this expected to restore the PIP output?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Dllevine,

The PiP functionality is initiated by the remote but executed by the cable box (example: pressing "PiP Move" when using a DTA-50 digital adapter does nothing, because that adapter/box does not support PiP).

I don't understand why "PiP Move" button was removed either - I demoted the new remote to a bedroom TV (where backlit keys are important to me), and am using the older 5-mode remote as my primary.

I don't think Rogers will return to the older remote - the new RF remote seems to be the new one going forward.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is promising.  I'll test it tonight.

Is there a way to 'pair' the old remote w/the new nextbox3.0?  Or do I need to un-pair the new RF remote w/the Nextbox3.0 to use it on my bedroom tv (good tip btw)

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Dllevine,

No pair procedure needed for the old remote - it will work with no configuration.

Don't worry about the new remote - you do not need to 'un-pair' the new remote to use in the bedroom (note: there has been debate as to if the RF pair procedure actually works -- when paired, the remote should work even if you point it backwards and away from box...never worked for me).

I hope everything works out for you!