Picture doesn't fit on the screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Picture doesn't fit on the screen

Well I'm just confused. .. I hate this new nextbox .. Ok so someone please tell me what the Appearance settings should be set at?? And then my tv setting?

Previously, my tv setting was set to 16:9 and I don't know what the pvr was set at because I never had to adjust it. ..Never touched those settings at all. The HD channels would fill the screen, and the non HD channels would not fill the screen unless I stretched it via my tv. 

Now, my HD channels are not filling the screen, ... why do I have a 1080i  52"  tv when I'm only getting a small picture on it?

I also sometimes get a dash-y white line across the top edge of an un-filled screen .. (on an HD channel)

If I zoom the picture the line disappears so I know it's the box and not my tv. (plus it never happened before)

Can someone please tell me straight up what my settings should be??

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Before you change any settings can you let us know how your box is connected? Typically when your HD channels don't fill the screen the culprit is either a wrong connection or simply that what you are watching on the HD channel is not actually HD.
Second, the white line you see is normal. That is the closed captioning information line. Depending on how a channel sends and scales their signal that line will be visible from time to time.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

white lines on the top of the picture is the VBI information some channels arent set correctly for the overscan on most tv thus show them, nothing u can do to remove this, or check if your tvs overscan can be adjusted, usually a setting called 16:9 will fix this, if u use just scan it usually is 1:1 pixel mapping thus showign overscan

I've Been Around

My cable company is COGECO (essentially Rogers but cheaper).

I had the same problem with my picture and I fixed it by:

1- Pressing CBL (cable) (top right) 

2- Press the # (aspect) button (bottom right)

It worked for me 🙂

I've Been Around

This fixed my issue as well on my netbox, the grey button on the remote (bottom right)
I've Been Around

That worked! Thanks for the tip. I forgot all about the "aspect" button on the remote. I think the dog changed it when he sat on the remote lol.

I've Been Around

Thanks! problem solved

I've Been Around

You are awesome! My 91 year old father kept pressing that button and I kept having to try and fix it. He couldn't see the edges of the weather channel. It worked!