Pick & Pay - CRTC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Pick & Pay - CRTC

Hello @nickos1138

If you look above u will see the link to it...
I'm a Senior Advisor

An interesting news article on how "Bell tells staff to downplay new $25 basic TV package ordered by CRTC." 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell-skinny-tv-package-crtc-1.3465674

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

Oh my that's no good at all. Interesting enough i called for my Internet and asked about the Skiny package. The rep told me it's a good package for customers that don't use many channels. He checked what channels I use and indeed he did confirm it will cost more if I go that root instead of staying with my VIP package. ( 2 4K terminals, WWE channel, Sportsnet ( to watch WWE Raw and snack down) CP24 and also discovery Channel). He asked me what boxes and channels I was using and watching to know.

This is what i call professionalism as he went out of his way to check and tell me which i did verify and he was right.

So hopefully whoever calls in, hope they get someone like him!.
I've Been Around

I for one am upset with Rogers that they have not given out any information about the Cable packages that will be available March 1, 2016

They at least could have put a notice on their website stating that new cable packages would be offered March 1

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @garymy

Rogers released the information 3 days ago which mind you CityNews and Global reported as well. Here is the link below and for the actually thread....

http://redboard.rogers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Starter-Packages-Feb-24-2016.pdf

I'm a Senior Advisor

I would venture that the skinny basic is entirely appropriate for people who now have basic cable and don't watch all the channels and need to save money. Kudos to the CRTC for mandating it! It does put the BDUs on a level playing field for entry level cable TV.  But sales people dissing the package and trying to upsell is just how business has always been done. It's standard practice selling cars, appliances, houses. Smiley LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there no 'skinny' package for English viewers?

The purpose of the CRTC changes was to allow us to pay for only the channels we wanted, but the current Rogers Starter package contains a very high percentage of French channels; all of which would be of no use to us.

I'm an Advisor

Hello all,

Here is an article from the Huffington Post that has a graphic from Rogers showing the channels in the skinny basic package: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/02/26/basic-cable-tv-bell-canada_n_9332460.html

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robindp

Yup we posted the actual Rogers link to it Smiley Happy it's above!
I'm a Senior Advisor

@unun4848 wrote:

Is there no 'skinny' package for English viewers?

The purpose of the CRTC changes was to allow us to pay for only the channels we wanted, but the current Rogers Starter package contains a very high percentage of French channels; all of which would be of no use to us.

The French, Aboriginal and Government stuff is all mandated by the government through the CRTC because this is Canada.  It's in all the packages, just appears to be a large proportion of the Starter package because there's so little else there. Your taxes pay for it. Want a bet that there is less English stuff in Quebec than there is French stuff in the rest of Canada?