Pick & Pay - CRTC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Pick & Pay - CRTC

seems like it will cost more $160 to get what I pay $80 for now wth vip

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To get 100% of the exact same stuff?  Yup.

This stuff is not designed to be a REPLACEMENT for the current packages... just another option.

For a certain amount of channels, etc.. you would be better to go with the traditional packages.

But for LIGHTER users.. that watch much less TV and channels.. is suposed to be where this (and full pick and pay) may benifit in the long run.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, if someone now subscribes to a particular package just to get a small handful of channels and never watches the 200-300 or whatever others, many of which are duplicates, then Pick & Pay would be an economical option. Just looking through my Guide, I see a few I may never have watched, but I see some interesting shows available. It would be a tough decision to trim it down to save a few bucks.

I suppose the ultimate plan would be to automatically be just charged for what you watch each month, but in the end it would workout the same because Rogers will not want to make less revenue.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@untouchable855 Exactly. But do you watch all the channels you have available with VIP?  Most certainly not. Paring it down to just the channels you can't live without would likely save you money. But then you'll see something you really would like to see on a channel you no longer get and you'll be mad.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

I am pleasantly surprised.

All I really want is the basic package plus Sportsnet and TSN.

Currently in New  Brunswick, to get all the Sportsnet and TSN channels, I would need to have at least the "Extra Plus" package at $79.98.

I can now get the new Basic package ($24.99) plus the Sportsnet ($18) and TSN ($18) add-ons for $60.99.

I've Been Around

Where is information on the upcoming cable changes (CRTC) as of March 1st?  It is Feb. 25th and I have received NO information from Rogers about the supposed $25/month basic cable and individual channel subscriptions. Nothing in the mail.  No email. Nothing attached to my latest invoice.  Nothing.  I went into the Rogers outlet on Hunt Club road last week to inquire about it and neither of the workers there could tell me a single thing about it, had no information about it or when it would be available.  All one of them could say was "we're supposed to get training on it."   Isn't that just great.   The only way for me to interpret this is that Rogers is hoping that most subscribers will no know about it, and they want it to fly under the radar for as long as possible.  Does ANYONE here have any information on it....information in plain english that is understandable.  Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@untouchable855 Exactly. But do you watch all the channels you have available with VIP?  Most certainly not. Paring it down to just the channels you can't live without would likely save you money. But then you'll see something you really would like to see on a channel you no longer get and you'll be mad.

In theory you are right,  but even with the handful of channels I watch the pick and pay would still cost a lot more.  The channels I watch most often are spread out over several of the pick and pay packages.  I would bet this would hold true for many viewers.  Now if they ever let you pick individual channel $1.00 or $2.00 that might make a difference as long as services like timeshift and On Demand were included in the basic package.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

In theory you are right,  but even with the handful of channels I watch the pick and pay would still cost a lot more.  The channels I watch most often are spread out over several of the pick and pay packages.  I would bet this would hold true for many viewers.  Now if they ever let you pick individual channel $1.00 or $2.00 that might make a difference as long as services like timeshift and On Demand were included in the basic package.

This should be coming with the full pick and pay by the end of the year hopefully Smiley Happy  We will see by then.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1Mo wrote:

Where is information on the upcoming cable changes (CRTC) as of March 1st?  It is Feb. 25th and I have received NO information from Rogers about the supposed $25/month basic cable and individual channel subscriptions. Nothing in the mail.  No email. Nothing attached to my latest invoice.  Nothing.  I went into the Rogers outlet on Hunt Club road last week to inquire about it and neither of the workers there could tell me a single thing about it, had no information about it or when it would be available.  All one of them could say was "we're supposed to get training on it."   Isn't that just great.   The only way for me to interpret this is that Rogers is hoping that most subscribers will no know about it, and they want it to fly under the radar for as long as possible.  Does ANYONE here have any information on it....information in plain english that is understandable.  Thanks!

True.. there is potential for them to loose money.. so they are not going to be wide broadcasting it everywhere.

The information HAS bee posted now on the rogers Redboard Blog

http://redboard.rogers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Starter-Packages-Feb-24-2016.pdf

And likely will see the the same stuff posted/available on the new site as of March 1st.

I've Been Around

Started package, where is it and do not downplay it.