Pick & Pay - CRTC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pick & Pay - CRTC

Nope.  You likely wont see anything OFFICIAL till the 1st Smiley Sad

I did read a little something on another forum which somewhere someone read that it may look like the rogers package will be 23ish core canadian channels (may vary by location), and 5 of the core US networks (abc, ctv, etc).

This is all RUMOR though, wont know till officialy posted.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty & @rcr001 @OLDYELLR @Cap07

Rogers did release the information as of this morning.... More below

http://redboard.rogers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Starter-Packages-Feb-24-2016.pdf

Starting Tuesday, Rogers TV will offer a new cable package.

The starter package for $24.99 a month will includes Canadian standards like CBC and American stations like ABC.

See the full list here.

There are other packages that can be added to the starter package, according to Jennifer Kett, Director of Media Relations Rogers.

A Canadian news package will cost $5 and will include five channels including CP24, CTV News Channel, Bloomberg TV Canada, Business News Network (BNN), The Weather Network, and CBC News Network.

For sports fans, the Sportsnet plus package will cost $18 dollars per month and include all six Sportsnet channels.

Pick-and-pay for individual stand-alone channels will be available later this year.

Disclaimer: Rogers is the parent company of this website.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I stand corrected! Smiley Happy thanks meowmix.

At this point I still don't see much savings.. See, depending on your habits.
Skinny + just new or just + sports, yeah you might save some.

But if the channels are spread out.. May have to get multiple packages.

We'll see what happens when the full pick and pay comes out!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

You are welcome lol. Smiley Happy

I am honestly going to switch towards this and keep my 2 4K terminals and get the sports pack and WWE channel lol. I'm paying $100+ for VIP, 2 4K terminals and the WWE channel. So it might benefit me a bit of savings. Every dollar counts right.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just know here.. it will add up quick Smiley Sad

We watch Discovery.. thats one package.  And Food.. thats another package.
And the kids channels.. thats another.  
+++++

May only save a few $ right now.. but not much.  
Once able to break those out seperately.. may see the savings.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

Yeah that's true but for many that don't watch all those packages it will benefit them. For the ones that watch all those channels then it's best to stay on the package they already have.

Again if I am thinking things correctly if many go for that package, Rogers will be forced to either create a new package for more channels and such. We shall see.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah.

Or hoping with the pick and pay.. that there are 'build your own' ones too.. well within reason.

These 30 channels are $2 each or something.. and 5 would normally be $10, but you could get it for $8 instead.
(channels would likely be grouped.. regular, premium, sports, etc.. with different base costs, each).

We'll see!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @Gdkitty & @rcr001 @OLDYELLR @Cap07

Rogers did release the information as of this morning.... More below

http://redboard.rogers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Starter-Packages-Feb-24-2016.pdf

Starting Tuesday, Rogers TV will offer a new cable package.

The starter package for $24.99 a month will includes Canadian standards like CBC and American stations like ABC.

See the full list here.

There are other packages that can be added to the starter package, according to Jennifer Kett, Director of Media Relations Rogers.

A Canadian news package will cost $5 and will include five channels including CP24, CTV News Channel, Bloomberg TV Canada, Business News Network (BNN), The Weather Network, and CBC News Network.

For sports fans, the Sportsnet plus package will cost $18 dollars per month and include all six Sportsnet channels.

Pick-and-pay for individual stand-alone channels will be available later this year.

Disclaimer: Rogers is the parent company of this website.

I had a look at the starter package, not bad, but not what I was hoping for or expecting

Anyone notice the shopping theme package being offered for $0 dollars? lol.

I'm a Senior Advisor

As that stands, I'm not sure that I'd save anything swapping out my VIP for the Starter Package plus a bunch of Theme Packs containing the channels I watch now. But I imagine that's how it's configured. Rogers is not going to lose any money over this. Have to do some more calculating once pricing for individual Pick & Pay channels is release.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

What I don't see is if these are all HD channels or not. Presently many of my timeshift channels are SD. I also get 2 PBS channels, but the better one, that regularly has Austin City Limits, is SD.  CNBC, where I watched Jay Leno's Garage, is also SD for me.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario