Pick & Pay - CRTC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Pick & Pay - CRTC

@lockdown2341 I don't have Rogers Internet or Home Phone, just cable, and There was no message on my Jan 15 bill. But I'm accustomed to a couple of price bumps per year.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

@OLDYELLR

I think it was actually sent as either a separate letter or an insert in the bill, rather then just a bill message.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I switched to paperless, so I don't get letters anymore, but I'll keep my eyes open. I do see mymonthly bills and announcements are usuallyat the bottom and can be seen separately by clicking "Messages", but nothing so far.

I Plan to Stick Around

I got my increase letter from Rogers in the mail yesterday. For my 3 services and the tv packages I have, my bill will increase, from Feb. 24,  by $11 + HST per month.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Got the dreaded letter today. My only monthly bill is for Rogers VIP Cable, which is going up $3, plus tax, but I don't doubt the PayGo rates will follow suit. That's roughly 4%. And comparing numbers, it's well over double the inflation rate.  I'm getting poorer and someone else is getting richer. Smiley Sad

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Got the dreaded letter today. My only monthly bill is for Rogers VIP Cable, which is going up $3, plus tax, but I don't doubt the PayGo rates will follow suit. That's roughly 4%, And comparing numbers, it's well over double the inflation rate.  I'm getting poorer and someone else is getting richer. Smiley Sad

I know the getting poorer feeling.  ( and it's not just Rogers dipping deeper into my wallet.)

Remember as well, that at least the past few years,  Rogers has gone with increasing rates twice a year, so we still have the mid-year ( above inflation rate) increase to look forward to. 

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

One thing is I could recommend is to call in and try to get yourself on a rate protected promotion of some sort before the rate kicks in. Or at least get on one after this rate increase so you won't be affected by any others for 1 or 2 years, depending on the promotion.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No price increase for me...I have been Rogers free for 2 weeks now and loving every minute of it...

I'm Here A Lot

Still nothing on the Pick & Play options. CRTC deadline is supposed to be March 1 - which for anyone at Rogers is less than a month away. Nothing in the mail, nothing on the website and no information when I call Rogers and talk to a live person.

So... what is going on? Does anyone at Rogers know? Is there a plan?

Time is ticking...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BAY

I am waiting for the same thing but no cable provider has said anything yet which seems like they are either still trying to figure out what's the plan or there is a date set for them to release the information which they can't release to the public.