Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Package Changes? International Film Channel?

I just had a conversation with Rogers, & according to the fellow I spoke to, it wasn't Rogers's decision to remove IFC. He said they were contacted by IFC Channel & told to take it out of the Digital VIP package.
He also told me Rogers replaced IFC with OUTTV (channel 269 for me). Had a look at it - hardly a fair replacement.
If this is the case it's disappointing. He gave me a contact number for IFC channel & told me I would have to discuss it with them.
It also suggests that the moderator who initially answerd the question back on pg 1 did nothing more than provide a canned response without making any effort to look into the matter. Also disappointing.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It could be that the Rogers rep you spoke too is the the one that is in fact incorrect. This has been known to happen! Smiley Wink

Rogers has stated quite clearly both here and on social media sites that the decision to remove IFC was made in order to provide customers with the best possible entertainment experience. Smiley Frustrated

It is also hard to believe that any TV channel would actually want to be removed from a package that would give them more coverage and exposure to one that would give them less. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Just got off the phone with Rogers about the loss of IFC, channel 84.  Wow, what a colossal waste of time.  So IFC is now officially an "add-on" channel at 2.79/mo.  They replaced channel 84 with channel 276, a piece of rubbish, Crime TV channel that I will never watch AND it's not in HD.   No notification of this channel change, no deducation off my bill, nothing, nada. After getting transferred to 3 different minions, I finally landed on a manager who offered to give me IFC for 2 years with an up front credit of $66.89.  Just when the deal is about to wrap up she tells me she's encountered a "glitch" with the system. She can't add-on IFC to my plan because my plan is already showing I have it!  Nice, eh?  My plan is showing I'm already entitled to the channel but Rogers has decided to yank the channel before they updated their billing system.  So then she says she wants to give me the Digital VIP channel so she can add the IFC channel, "but don't worry, I'll make sure you don't get billed all the extra fees".  Yeah, like that's gonna work in my favour.  Time for me to start looking at options.  I'm done with Rogers.  25 years I've been with them and this is how I'm treated.  Deplorable customer service.  Peace out, thieves.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is the final straw for me. I'm done with Rogers. You've messed me over for the last time. You replace IFC with CI? Are you kidding me?? It's not even an HD channel. After 25 years, I'm out. Good riddance.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@User99991 wrote:

They replaced channel 84 with channel 276, a piece of rubbish, Crime TV channel that I will never watch AND it's not in HD.   No notification of this channel change, no deducation off my bill, nothing, nada.

Welcome to the business world. That's an alternative to raising the price, they downsize the product. It's been going on at the grocery store for decades. I first saw it in my VIP when Rogers started "realigning" channels. I lost BBC World News and it was replaced by something insignificant, likely cheaper for Rogers. Frankly, I doubt that any other carrier would have different business practices.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

This was one if the man channels I wanted when selecting my package.  Can I trade the 500 channels that I will never watch to get IFC back? 

I cannot wait for pay per channel is implemented. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Though really a topic for the pay per channel threads..

Pay per channel, will LIKELY be only cheaper for people who are only wanting say the CORE (which everyone must pay for) plus 10 or so channels.
Anything more, and the bundles will likely still be cheaper Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

i lost channel 84 imc...got it fixed through support and then received an email saying i would be charged 2/th extra????INEVER authorized any new charges....personnally i have noe idea what i am entitled to with rogers...this is getting sickening....maybe internet is way to go instead!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

This is ridiculous, and Id love to find my contact now as I don't believe it legal to remove services that have be agreed upon and signed for.

Rogers should figure out that they are not the only option, infact the only reason I have my internet, phone, and cable with them is because at the time Bell fiber op didn't have there lines in place in this area of town. They do now and they call my rogers home phone, along with shaw everyday about asking me to switch. I had Bell before moving and I loved the service I got, and I loved the fact that bell in my area gives unlimited internet usage for all plans at no extra cost for all of newfoundland.

The last time rogers defaulted on service with me, I went with bell.

Rogers, I think the smart move would have been leaving the channel line up alone, for existing customers as we have already agreed to what we want and should get from you. And for new customers, give them the package that has the deducted channel. At least that what all the other providers I'm with do.
I'm a Senior Advisor

It's called channel realignment.

See this thread, http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Channels/thread-id/3740/page/4

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario