Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Hello.

I'm 1Steve.

Just wondering why I am now on the 6th page of remarks on your "forum", and have seen NO feedback to your paying subscribers!

Makes one think that the resulting comments from this, one, of many changes Rogers has singularly decided upon, might have gotten a poorer reception than they bargained for! Therefore Rogers, under their "feel good" advertising policy, is now not interested in the " forum"? As I remember, a "forum" includes the initiator, and the different views, all included. This seems mostly one-sided.  

Here's a intuitive idea! What if Rogers silently takes away 1more of probably 100+ unwanted or unwatched channels (I know now  that they have that ability), and substitutes with an online "Real Time Customer Feedback" channel?

I think that really would be a channel with a lot of substance, viewing, anticipation, and very few complaints (about the channel's inclusion).

It might be the first "reality" TV program, that I personally, would not miss! That's interactive television, as I see it!

What are your thoughts?

I've Been Around

As a long time customer you've disapointed me and made the product less vauable. As a share holder I think its a stupid decision to disappoint so many customers. Please don't try to sell this as an enhancment when your taking something away. Horrible move.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

I am sorry to hear to you and other Rogers customers are not satisfied with this change. We understand your frustation, from time to time changes are made to channel line ups. We hope you enjoy the new Channel Crime + Investigation and we are pleased to offer IFC as a standalone channel. We thank you & other users for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Feel free to submit your idea to the Idea Box here if you please.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

1) - You understand our frustrations, and...... are now.....?

2) - You hope that we enjoy the "CI" channel? IF not, we will.....? 

3) - Do we want to pay more for the channel we chose along time ago, part of our contractual agreement package, that you now decided we do not want?

Thanking us for our feedback, and actually doing something about the feedback, seem somewhere far between "A" and "Z".

I've Been Around

I personally think this is a not a good way to notify us. I get 4 emails a week at least from rogers about various garbage marketing offers. Why bury this in a bill statement? There should have been a dedicated email to customers informing us about this sort of change.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@anallen wrote:
I personally think this is a not a good way to notify us. I get 4 emails a week at least from rogers about various garbage marketing offers. Why bury this in a bill statement? There should have been a dedicated email to customers informing us about this sort of change.

I do agree on this.

Problem is.. they HAVE done this in the past on MANY topics before... and people STILL come in saying they know nothing about it... they dont read the stuff -_-

The bill is something that EVERYONE gets... and i guess they assume that everyone reads the WHOLE thing. (which everyone should be doing in my opinion anyways).

I've Been Around

We sometimes make changes to give the customers the best entertainment value? ARE YOU FOR REAL? Just more money grubbing. It's no wonder the CRTC has to tell you what to do. Thanks fornothing!

I've Been Around

So now I pay for yet another channel in which I have no interest, while a channel with programming I enjoyed has been removed. It gives me another reason to be completely dissatisfied with Rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers told many customers that IFC has been replaced by CI.  That is a good one.  I only lost IFC on April 11 which happened  2 days ago.  I have had the CI channel for months so they didn't give me  that channel to replace IFC nor did they ask me for my opinion on getting rid of it.  When I called customer service to ask why I couldn't get IFC she did not know that the channel was even gone and sent out an excuse of a maintenance man to my home to check on the problem.  He wouldn't even contact the office to see if it had been removed from the VIP package.  All he did was leave a mess on my floors from his dirty boots and suggested that I should bring in my  digital box to have it exchanged for a more current model.  Not impressed by this at all.  The few good channels have been eliminated bit by bit.  It's not enough that you're being screwed by the ever climbing costs and can never seem to get to speak to a Newfoundler any more for service.  Shame on the corporation for saying they have the viewers best interest at heart.  There is NO HEART in that !!!!!  With all the money that Rogers is raking in, the least they can do is give their customers a break.  After all, they wouldn't have fat wallets if it wasn't for us customers who have been loyal all these years.

I'm a Senior Advisor

"Rogers told many customers that IFC has been replaced by CI.  That is a good one.  I only lost IFC on April 11 which happened  2 days ago.  I have had the CI channel for months so they didn't give me  that channel to replace IFC nor did they ask me for my opinion on getting rid of it.  "

Have you not read any of the other posts in this thead?

Judging by this paragraph, I'll say no.