Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Package Changes? International Film Channel?

More sad news with this provider. I'll be making the final phone call this week.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@erikaM wrote:
More sad news with this provider. I'll be making the final phone call this week.

Do what ya gotta do, but know that Big Blue's Terms of Service are no friendlier to the customer than Rogers

I Plan to Stick Around

After being rattled by this on Saturday, I decided to give Netflix a try. Wowzers. Very close to canceling my $130 cable bill now.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just tonight we noticed that channel 84, IFC, has been greyed out - meaning, I suppose, that we don't get it anymore.  We have Digital VIP - has this channel been removed?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Channel 84 - IFC?

Same here on VIP, but I never tried to see it before, so don't know if I ever had it in the first place. However, I've also read elsewhere that it's been removed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Channel 84 - IFC?

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Same here on VIP, but I never tried to see it before, so don't know if I ever had it in the first place. However, I've also read elsewhere that it's been removed.

There's a whole thread on this in the Programming board, but the short version is that it was removed from VIP in April of LAST year, but Rogers kept it in 'free perview' mode until Apr of THIS year.

The free preview ended on Apr 2.

I've Been Here Awhile

All I can say is:

"Same story, different day"

Rogers has never been the same after Ted moved out of the business and later passed away.

I've Been Here Awhile

But, when I bought my package IFC was a big draw for me... was told it was the decision of the CRTC and IFC, but it was available for 2.78$ /month standalone and part of the vip ultimate pack. Then was told it was actually a free preview, i'd had the channel for almost a decade so that was weird. I see now that it was free for a year and canceled as part of the package that was partially what enticed me to upgrade in the first place. I guess I didn't get the memo...

So I could have what I was paying for already... for about 3$ a month. I suppose I should just be thankful they didn't compensate me with an HD version of the aquarium channel? Oh wait the channel that they compensated me with was mystery or something i'm told? Thats not HD so I suppose i'd feel more lucky if in fact I did get an aquarium HD channel.

I'm not sure if I should be more mad about this or more made that the internet usage warning messages are only accurate within a 48hr period, or that the menu for cable looks like something that would've been high tech... (in the 90s). Oh the lag of that menu, I remember the nicer version they made for awhile.. it was worse. I suppose it's great that I can upgrade to rogers 100 unlimted, all I have to do is give them more money. I wish they would've told me that my plan is out of date and that if I renegotiated I could get more, I was told by a rogers rep that it was my job as a customer to look at current Rogers deals / specials... shame on me, they stopped the livechat pretty quick.. I just wanted some kind of answer.

I sometimes wonder why I use rogers, but I like cable internet over dsl and there is literally no competition for Rogers in my area. I think I researched and found techsavy but they just buy bulk bandwidth from Rogers. I don't even watch THAT much TV literally just hbo, natgeo, history and a few other channels.. but it feels like i'm paying for a lot more. Pretty sure there is 300+ channels I don't use.

I kinda feel like i'm dealing with a criminal sometimes, like I feel as though even if I had a lot of money and the cost wasn't a concern I would still be a little unnerving just because of the principle of it all. They don't even act like they care anymore, at least 10 years ago I kinda felt like they were fighting for my business.. a little?

I've Been Around

This was a poor decision.  We have more than enough "crime" shows to choose from and another channel devoted to this is not necessary.  I often watched IFC and certainly will not tune in to channel 276.  I never received any notification of the change that I'm aware of. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Kandar wrote:

This was a poor decision.  We have more than enough "crime" shows to choose from and another channel devoted to this is not necessary.  I often watched IFC and certainly will not tune in to channel 276.  I never received any notification of the change that I'm aware of. 

If you read your bills, you got your notification.