Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Rogersasif......your explanation is........for the last 2 yrs.+....... my VIP pkg included IFC as well as Mystery/CI.........

So in my case, and i'm sure others out there, this is a loss of service with no compensation........

This coupled with recent price increases is what you would call a Double Let down...........

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

I Plan to Stick Around

Realignment is when channels are moved around not removed. They realigned last year AMC and Spike. They didn't remove them and try to force me to pay extra like they are doing with IFC.

Way I look at it is, I signed a contract for a package that included that channel and now that service has been taken from me with out notice. I do not agree with this and I question if it's even allowed.

I don't have access to my contract to see through it.
Do any of you have a copy of your contracts to see if it states that rogers can remove services from you without notice for no reason what so ever ?

In the mean time I have written CRTC asking if a cable provider is allowed to remove services from a customer without notice when signed into a contact that states that service is part of the agreement.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Elochai wrote:
Realignment is when channels are moved around not removed. They realigned last year AMC and Spike. They didn't remove them and try to force me to pay extra like they are doing with IFC.

Way I look at it is, I signed a contract for a package that included that channel and now that service has been taken from me with out notice. I do not agree with this and I question if it's even allowed.

I don't have access to my contract to see through it.
Do any of you have a copy of your contracts to see if it states that rogers can remove services from you without notice for no reason what so ever ?

In the mean time I have written CRTC asking if a cable provider is allowed to remove services from a customer without notice when signed into a contact that states that service is part of the agreement.

From the Rogers Terms of Service (http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/About/TOS_En.pdf)...see "Terms and Conditions"link in the footer at any time...

"Amendment Provisions applicable to all other Services and Service Agreements (not applicable to wireless Services): Not applicable to Residents of Newfoundland and Residents of Québec: Unless otherwise specified in a Service Agreement, we may change, at any time, any charges, features, content, functionality, structure or any other aspects of the Month-to-Month Services or the Term Services, as well as any term or provision of a Service Agreement, upon notice to you by bill message, text message, letter or e-mail. If you do not accept such change, your sole remedy is to terminate the affected Services or Service Agreement within 30 days"

tl:dr version...Yes, they can change the terms and conditions of any contract, term or month to month, as long as they notify you on your bill, or other means as specified.

In other words, read your bills.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Elochai wrote:
Well, let's say they snuck this in with the realignments, just like they did removing BBC World News from VIP encouraging you to get an additional package to see it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

"Not applicable to Residents of Newfoundland and Residents of Québec"

Doesn't that say it not applicable to change my service without notice ?

"Upon notice to you"

No notice was ever given, the channel was cutted without notice of any form.

As for losing BBC world news, I never lost that channel on my VIP package from what I can tell.
I'm a Senior Advisor

The guide has BBC World News on Channel 194 for me and it's greened out. Not Authorzed, but can be ordered (at extra cost).

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Just checked the TV and I have BBC world news.

So I'm guessing that's because it not applicable to change plans and contracts of residents of newfoundland and Quebec ?
At least that the way I'm reading that terms of services. If I'm off early today (most likely I won't be as most days I work 5AM to 6PM) I'll call Rogers about it and their terms for my area. I know whoever I get won't have a clue but at least I will get a case number for record that can be provided to the CRTC showing that I did contact Rogers on this breach of contract on there end.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Lost Channel 84.....IFC Channel

Should they be reported to the crtc for charging extra for a channel already in the package that you pay for?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Lost Channel 84.....IFC Channel

You would have to have the contract and check for something in there, that says 'they cant change the channel linup' or similar.

As it is, the contracts as far as i am aware, say NOTHING bout the lineups, etc.
If the contract doesnt say you should have X, Y, Z..  then they dont have to stick to that.

(i am not saying this is RIGHT... its just that its technially LEAGAL 😞 )

Heck.. when my brother in law was signing up for tv/internet with another provider, i looked over their ToS... it pretty much says, that at any time, they can remove any promotion pricing whenever they want.  So things like you sign up get 6 months 1/2 price on a 2 year contract.  They could say 'nope i am not giving you that anymore' and they are completely legal to do so 😞

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Elochai wrote:
"Not applicable to Residents of Newfoundland and Residents of Québec"

Doesn't that say it not applicable to change my service without notice ?

"Upon notice to you"

No notice was ever given, the channel was cutted without notice of any form.

As for losing BBC world news, I never lost that channel on my VIP package from what I can tell.

You never told is where you are from, and your homing device that Rogers places on all of its customers isn't registering...battery must have died (eye roll).  Here's the relevant passage for you QC and NBers, conveniently located after the Ontario passage...

"Applicable only to Residents of Newfoundland and Residents of Québec: Unless otherwise specified in a Service Agreement, we may change, at any time, but upon no less than 30 days’ prior written notice to you: a) with respect to a Month-to-Month Service, any charges, features, content, functionality, structure or any other aspects of the Month-to-Month Service, as well as any term or provision of the Service Agreement for that Month-to-Month Service, and b) with respect to a Term Service, any aspects of the Term Service, as well as any term or provision of the Service Agreement for that Term Service, other than the price, term or nature of that Term Service or any other essential elements of the Term Service or that Service Agreement. The written notice will be provided to you by bill message, text message, letter or e-mail and will contain the new or amended term or provision, the former version of that term or provision (if applicable), the date that the amendment will come into force, and your rights which are described as follows. If a change to a Month-to-Month Service or a Term Service entails an increase in your obligations or a decrease in our obligations and if you do not accept such a change, you may terminate the affected Services without an Early Cancellation Fee (as defined below) by sending us a notice to that effect no later than 30 days after the amendment takes effect." 

As for no notice, this is from another forum:

"Rogers did send out a notification - in its February 2014 bills (yes, more than a year ago):

Quote:
... Mystery TV will be replacing Independent Film Channel (IFC) in the VIP package starting April 3, 2014. Your monthly service fee for that package will not be affected by this change. Although it will no longer be included in the VIP package, you can, however, continue to enjoy IFC at no additional charge until April 2, 2015.

Or, in other words, IFC hasn't been part of VIP for over a year...Rogers has been giving it to you as compensation for 365 free days.  The compensation period is now up.