Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Package Changes? International Film Channel?

this is NOT a better choice

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Absolutely ridiculous, I have been a subscriber for years and have had channels no longer offered before but have never had one taken away  and held ransom for $2.79 a month. Another bad move.

I Plan to Stick Around

What happens when I have agreed to my package for a year contract and was told that there would be no changes or price increases?

So far I have had my internet rate increase, my modem rate increased and now have lost a channel I watched everyday.

I've Been Around

Just spoke to a rogers customer service rep.   I called them up on behalf of my mother.   I asked why the IFC channel was no longer available.  She said that Rogers is wanting to better their customer service line up so they removed the channel and is offering in its place Crime shows and such.   My mother doesn't  want to watch crime shows.  She wants to watch movies.  She purchased the VIP package so she had the channels she wanted.   Now they are taking them away and if you want it back you can purchase it.  How is this making it a better service for their customers. 

I also asked, that since they removed this channels from the VIP package if the package price would change.  The service rep replied "NO"

Of course it won't,  what was I thinking???

Rogers is going to lose many customers if they keep this up. 

My mother is now considering leaving Rogers.

I've Been Here Awhile

RogersAsif,

The change from IFC to CI gives my particular family, at least, a reduced customer experience rather than "the best customer experience". Nobody in my family watches CI, is interested in watching CI, or will ever watch CI (and it may be a fine channel just not for us). As is pretty typical, we only watch a few channels but buy a lot of channels, so losing a channel we like and substituting a channel we don't, and at the same time as a price increase, and without warning and without being interested in my input beforehand, is the kind of thing hamfisted monopolies and oligopolies do and shows Rogers, inspite of its rhetoric, continues to display callous disregard to (at least some of) its customer base. Years ago I had all Rogers services. We're talking as far back as Cantel. My wireless customer experience was so abysmal I eventually went elsewhere and have never looked back. My internet experience was also so abysmal that a few years after ditching wireless I went elsewhere and again I am much more satisfied with the value proposition (it took longer to ditch internet because of that Rogers email address). Now to TV. About a year ago I put up a digital antenna and added Fibe. I kept cable for the time being to see what my family would use (and because I own all my cable boxes). Turns out my kids do almost everything off their computers and smartphones and watch very little TV. My wife watches 3-4 channels and chooses the Fibe service. I watch a mostly different set of 3-4 channels and purposely flip around to compare quality (and in my case Fibe and OTA are better quality). Now, there were 2 channels I got with my Rogers VIP service that I didn't get with my Fibe TV service and you've just deleted one of them... without compensation and without warning, treating me like the sap I was for hanging onto unsatisfactory wireless and unsatisfactory internet too long. Oh well, I think I'll stop now...

I'm Here A Lot

I see that I am not the only person dissatisfied with the "Rogers" experience. So tired of questioning and commenting on your ever increasing billing and content. That combined with the ever decreasing service. So sorry that Mr. Rogers passed before he was able to train a replacement with his visionary ideals. If there was a decent competitor, so many current subscribers would be gone forever. Does it not bother you, that people really resent your treatment of customers. Taking one of the few passable channels (84) away, without notice, combined with the ever increasing "repeats" of shows and movies,  and "no notice" increases in billings, is highly irritating.

I suppose, in hindsight,  being the always optimistic person,  there is a bright side to this. I no longer need a TV guide. That, because I always know what shows and movies will be on. The same ones I've seen hundreds of times in the recent past. Which reminds me, your Rogers "new" TV guide, online is useless. Would spend more time figuring out the channel adaptation, to my needs, that would take away the possibility of watching a movie or show that I've seen hundreds of times before. Thank goodness that the K-W Record has an online guide! 

I really can't remember, ever being so upset with a service that I pay, excuse me, "over- pay" for.

These are just "tip of the iceberg" thoughts, and I do not have the time or inclination to really cover everything that I have seen happen with this conglomerate. Starting with your "negative" billing charge, imposed to those that wish a paper copy.  I remember my 92 year old mother questioning you on this matter. Our family has used your services since inception. She wondered what people without computers, had as options to this bill. You save a" bundle",( forgive the pun), and force the subscriber to pay for the opportunity, to pay your bill! 

It doesn't seem to matter to you, what your subscribers think. They will continue to pay, until a new option presents itself. I'm open to anyone's suggestions, if you are out there!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Lost Channel 84.....IFC Channel

It is kind of funny reading this thread today as word is just now getting out that Rogers has made a unilateral decision to remove IFC from regular packages like Digital Plus and VIP and now require you to subscribe to a theme pack in order to keep the channel (More Movies Theme Pack for $8.99 or Ultimate Specialty Channels package for $41.99). It can also be purchased as a stand alone channel for $2.79. Judging by comments I have been reading, they not only did not notify customers of this change but even customer service reps were kept in the dark. They claim to be trying to give customers the best entertainment experience except I think they forgot something - the customer!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

A great post 1steve. Both you and Waveparticle have stated very clearly what so many of us already know. Rogers attempts to convince us that they are giving us value for our money; that they are providing the best possible entertainment experience. The problem is that they never seem to consult the customer; Rogers wants to think that they already know what the customer wants. You see this in everything that Rogers does; from the kind of wireless plans they think all of their customers should be on to what kind of modems that we want even if we do not want them to what channels we should be paying even more for, such as IFC. People are cutting the cord because they are getting fed up as we did with wireless as well as cutting back on our Cable. We have reduced our bill with Rogers by over $150 per month. Many others are doing the same and will continue to do so unless the day arrives where the customer actually becomes number 1!

I'm a Regular

I'm having the same issue all of a sudden it says I'm not authorized for IFC

I'm a Regular

I have VIP package which has always included IFC now all of a sudden when I tune to IFC it says "you are not authroized to view this channel please contact your service provider" is rogers taking away channels trying to get people to pay extra or is this yet another error with thier service??