Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Has Rogers made recent changes to the package lineups.

I have Digital VIP and have always been able to get channel 84 IFC until today when it says I'm not authorized.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Channel 84 (IFC) Basic Plus cable serive has stopped working... can someone explain this to me... rebooting  did nothing!

I've Been Here Awhile

Noticed this too. Checked recent bills, no mention of the change. IFC no longer appears in the VIP Pkg list so I can only assume it's been dropped. Had that channel and VIP for years. Not only do I lose one of the few channels I watch but the VIP Pkg price increased too. Oh Rogers, you would never survive in a competitive environment.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

On April 3rd 2014 the International Film Channel (IFC Channel 84 & 329) was replaced with Crime + Investigation (formerly called Mystery, Channel 276) in VIP & Digital Plus.

Efforts were made to appropriately notify all impacted customers in advance of the change. Messages informing customers of the change were placed on invoices in February & March of 2014, a reminder was recently sent in the same manner in March of 2015.  If you did not receive notification, we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

A free preview of the channel was provided to customers from April 3rd 2014 to April 3rd 2015.

The free preview ended as of April 3rd /2015.

International Film Channel is available as a standalone channel, as a part of the More Movies Theme Pack or with the Ultimate Specialty Channels package.

*channels may vary by area

RogersAsif

I've Been Around

What was the reason for the change?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@Malcolm_O 

We sometimes review and make changes to what we offer in order to give customers the best entertainment experience.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

Was there any notice given that the channel would be dropped? I don't remember seeing anything.
Also, that was a bit of a non-answer as to why the change was made - why does removing that channel make it a "better experience"? Did you survey your customers? Do you have data collected that shows people were watching CI more than IFC?
I enjoyed the programming on IFC. I don't watch CI channel as it seems to be an endless loop of 4 or 5 shows, none or which I watch. Not happy with the change Rogers.
I'm Here A Lot

Well this is a horrible change and wasn't in the bill I got in March.

CI is just a loop of a few shows, IFC had genuinely good movies and programming and you move it away from your VIP package to 'improve' our viewing experience?  More like make it worse.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I do NOT accept this as a solution. This change drastically fails in providing the "best entertainment experience". Please provide the contact info for the Rogers Executive team member whose division made this decision so that I might complain directly.
I'm Here A Lot

lost a good channel-not happy