PVR3.0 recording won't stop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

PVR3.0 recording won't stop

So tonight I recorded a show, never had a problem with it recording before. It's set as record series start to finish for the 1 hour on time. It never had a problem recording it before tonight.

Tonight I come home hours after the show had finished and the recording light was still on, so I turned it on and saw that it was still recording that show. I stopped it and when I did the list time changed for 1 hr to 3 hr 19 mins. It recording everthing for 2 hours after it on the channel until I stopped it. 

It stopped recording, but now the red recording light is still on and nothing is recording.

What's going on? And does Rogers know about this issue?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: PVR3.0 recording won't stop

It is a random bug, which some people have reported.

Never found any real corilation as to WHAT casuses it.

To remove the recording light, etc.. best to reboot the box, that should clear it up.

I've Been Around

i assume a pvr3.0 is similar to nextbox explorer?  a friend's nextbox started to randomly record today.  rebooted the nextbox, the recording light went off for maybe 5 minutes and then it came back on again.  i called rogers' technical service and was told that it would eventually stop randomly recording and the recording light would go out.  has anyone else had this problem and does it really mean that the person should get a new nextbox if it's deciding to do things on it's own?  he does not want to record anything at this time, but does wonder how long the recording light will stay on for.  many thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

there are different nextboxes..

The nextbox 3, is the 9865 model.  The nextbox 2.0 is the 8642

Both run the same software tho.

I have seen ocasionally.. others report a suck recording.. but a reboot will clear it up... not that it starts again after the reboot..

There is nothing at all in the scheduled recordings?

I've Been Here Awhile

Nothing is scheduled to record but my recording light was on for a couple of days last week. I rebooted the box twice so far and it stops for a little while and then comes back on. There is still nothing scheduled to record and it's not actually recording anything.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hi @debguglietti,

Welcome to our Community Forums Smiley Happy.

Reoccurring nuisance such as these can be frustrating to deal with. I, for one find these types of issues to be the most cringe lol. 

Generally speaking, do you set single episode recordings or series? If so, prior to this problem occurring, do you recall setting any particular series recordings? Only reason I ask, I remember in the past this issue being solved with a simple reboot, in most cases it didn't pop up again, but did in some instances. I recall some of these problems were reported due to an unforeseen interruptions while recording.

Take a look at the some of the shows that were recording before this happened and see if any of them are excessively long? If so, delete the recording and see if it clears it up!

Let us know! 

RogersCilio

I'm a Senior Advisor

Strange runaway recordings are a Nextbox "feature". Reboot and delete it before it fills up the hard drive.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, I will reboot it for the 3rd time and hope it helps. There is nothing to delete because it is not recording anything. Although it does say that it's 67% full and it hasn't recorded anything since Friday when it was 36% full. 

I have never had a runaway recording before.

Thanks for your reply.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just rebooted it for a 3rd time to see if it helps. The other 2 times I rebooted it, the recording light came back on after a few hours even though it wasn't recording anything. I record series and sometimes individual shows. I can't really remember what I programmed before this started happening.

Thanks for your reply.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Make sure you're in the Tiles view when looking for recordings. Sometimes they'll show up there and not in the List view (or vice versa).  You should be able to delete it after a reboot if the runaway recording shows up there.