PVR Space

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

PVR Space

We recently got the new Navigator guide, and all of a sudden my PVR went from 30% to 80% full, without adding more shows. Has the space amount changed?

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: PVR Space

Shouldnt have.

Did you have an extender on it?? (perhaps its not adding the extender space on it).

A few other users have also had some runaway recordings.. which ended up recording like 10 hours worth of stuff.. which could have filled it up?  Perhaps check your recordings.

I've Been Here Awhile

We never had an extender(unless I have no idea we did)  and I just checked all the recordings and they say it's the right length - so it doesn't seem to be that. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.  That is odd..

Only other thing i could think of.. is maybe if the drive it failing??
That its not reporting being as big as it was before??

Which model box is it?

My volume % seems to have been find on mine since the upgrade, with many additions/deletions since.

I've Been Here Awhile

It's a 9865 HD. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

so its a 1tb drive.. so thats a LOT Of space for it to fill up quickly..

Wierd.

I am at a loss.. other than trying to delete some of the more recent ones (most likely culprits) and see if it fixes it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@KaitlinMP wrote:

We recently got the new Navigator guide, and all of a sudden my PVR went from 30% to 80% full, without adding more shows. Has the space amount changed?

*** Edited Labels ***

Sounds like a runaway recording, where you started to record a program and it just kept on recording.

Go through your recordings and see if any are exceptionally long.

Also, the record light on the from of the box will stay on.

Happened to a few people here, including myself.  26 hours starting with The Big Bang Theory.  The only way to stop it was to unplug the PVR.

I've Been Here Awhile

My husband just deleted a 72 minute show ... and it went from 86 to 14.4%... One that recorded around the time of the jump, but it didn't seem to have more then an hour attached to it! 

Thanks for the tips - if it happens again, we'll watch the latest show to fix it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have had the same problem from 40% to 80% overnight with 2 (1hr) recordings

I've Been Around

Nextbox giving me major space related issues

Starting last week my next box has been showing me 95%+ starage used out of no where. Since this has happened I have went though and deleted TONS of shows both SD and HD... but even still it only went down a couple of percent.

Previously I had over 250 recordings taking up around 70% but now I'm down to around 100 taking up 90%

Does anyone have and ideas about what might be happening?