PVR Nextbox 3.0 Repair in London, ON or in the Garbage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

PVR Nextbox 3.0 Repair in London, ON or in the Garbage?

I owned my Nextbox 3.0 for a whole month after the rent to own option before it it decided to morph into a paperweight 3.0. But at least I own it.

The front panel has 4 dashes. The message on the screen says to call Rogers and quote error #Not Authorized

The technician came to the house after no resolution over the phone. The technician was unable to repair the PVR and also unable to advise where I might be able to have it repaired.  

I am now renting another 3.0 unit for $25/month.

Does anyone know if there is a repair shop or technician in London that repairs the Nextbox 3.0?

It sure does seem a waste to throw it in the garbage.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: PVR Nextbox 3.0 Repair in London, ON or in the Garbage?

Hello @darrenodwyer,

Thanks for posting your inquiry on the Forums. Unfortunately we don't have any repair shops for purchased boxes, but based on your issue, this doesn't sound like a repair fault. The box may not be assigned to your account correctly after your recent change. We can definitely take a look and see if there's anything we can do to help.

Since addressing your issue involves accessing your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

As I mentioned, "The technician came to the house after no resolution over the phone. The technician was unable to repair the PVR and also unable to advise where I might be able to have it repaired. "

I trusted that the technician that came to my house and the 2 techs I talked to on the phone knew what they were doing.

If you think you can help, let's give it a try.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@darrenodwyer:

@RogersCiliois correct in that the 4 dashes typically indicates a box that is not properly authorized. Sometimes the technicians who come to your home, or first level CSRs, are not capable of getting the box to work, however, when pushed, a second level tech can often get the box to work. 

I encountered this once when I returned from a 3 week vacation.  Rogers initially said it was a faulty box (which I owned), but I stated, politely, but emphatically, that it was working the day I left and there were no power surges/failures in the intervening time.  Second level got the box working the next day!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you @CommunityHelps. It is working now!

Will definitely come here again for help.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @darrenodwyer,

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Thanks for keeping the Community updated with your experience!

Enjoy your night 🙂

RogersCilio

Get Ready!