PVR MEM0RY

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

PVR MEM0RY

I HAVE AN EXPL0RER 4642HD NEXTB0X AND CAN'T FIND WHERE IT TELLS Y0U H0W MUCH MEM0RY Y0U HAVE LEFT...THX AND MUCH APPRECIATED

*edited labels*

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: PVR MEM0RY

@jeanbradshaw wrote:

I HAVE AN EXPL0RER 4642HD NEXTB0X AND CAN'T FIND WHERE IT TELLS Y0U H0W MUCH MEM0RY Y0U HAVE LEFT...THX AND MUCH APPRECIATED

If by 'memory' you mean hard drive space, the answer is simple - 0.  The 4642 has no hard drive.

If you mean actual RAM, then you need to drop into the diagnostic menu.  Hold 'EXIT' until the power light blinks, then press DOWN, DOWN, 2.  Go to Manufacturers Diag, and on the Summary screen, you'll see available memory.  I'm not sure what you're planning to do with that info. but that's how you find it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since you titled the thread PVR memory, as mentioned in the previous post, the 4642 is not a PVR, therefore there is no storage space for recording.

If you wish to record programming, you need to get a PVR, like the 8642 (very slow) or the 9865, which is acceptable as a PVR.

If you have WHPVR (whole home PVR) then the instructions in the previous post should allow you to check the memory on the PVR, or simply go to the PVR itself, bring up your recordings list and it should show the drive space there.

I'm Here A Lot

YES I HAVE A PVR THAT R0GERS PUT IN LAST YEAR BUT WHEN I BRING UP MY REC0RDINGS LIST IT D0ES N0T SAY H0W MUCH SPACE I HAVE LEFT F0R MY REC0RDINGS...THX ANYWAYS I WILL TRY T0 GET THEM T0 INSTALL NEWER VERSI0N
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jeanbradshaw wrote:
YES I HAVE A PVR THAT R0GERS PUT IN LAST YEAR BUT WHEN I BRING UP MY REC0RDINGS LIST IT D0ES N0T SAY H0W MUCH SPACE I HAVE LEFT F0R MY REC0RDINGS...THX ANYWAYS I WILL TRY T0 GET THEM T0 INSTALL NEWER VERSI0N

Now we're all confused.

How many boxes do you have in the house?  If you only have a 4642, then you don't have a PVR, unless Rogers is doing something odd mow.

Assuming you do have another PVR somewhere in the house,

With the Navigatr guide (the newest guide, kind of has a blueish coloiring to it), when you access your recording list, it will tell you how much space you've used (by percent)  in the upper right hand corner.  Quick math will tell you how much room you have left.

I'm Here A Lot

WE HAVE 2...MY HUSBAND HAS A B0X D0WNSTAIRS...BUT MAYBE HIS WILL SAY THE %...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jeanbradshaw wrote:

Now thing make sense.  That box has to be a PVR in order for you to access recordings on your 4642.  This is called Whole Home PVR (WHPVR).  That box should tell you how much space is used.

AND, after checking on my own WHPVR setup, you are absoloutly correct - the 4642 DOESNT show space used.  Thats something I never noticed before.

My guess is that its because of how the box gets its information.  It looks like Navigatr  pulls its diagnostic info ONLY from the box its on......so, since the 4642 has no hard drive, it cant display hard drive space.  That information is not sent to it from the main PVR downstaris.

My apologies for my earlier replies.  You've helped us all learn yet another quirk of Navigatr and the WHPVR setup.

I'm Here A Lot

THANKS VERY MUCH F0R Y0UR TIME AND REPLIES...I LEARNED S0METHING NEW T00

@Lurker wrote:

@jeanbradshaw wrote:

Now thing make sense.  That box has to be a PVR in order for you to access recordings on your 4642.  This is called Whole Home PVR (WHPVR).  That box should tell you how much space is used.

AND, after checking on my own WHPVR setup, you are absoloutly correct - the 4642 DOESNT show space used.  Thats something I never noticed before.

My guess is that its because of how the box gets its information.  It looks like Navigatr  pulls its diagnostic info ONLY from the box its on......so, since the 4642 has no hard drive, it cant display hard drive space.  That information is not sent to it from the main PVR downstaris.

My apologies for my earlier replies.  You've helped us all learn yet another quirk of Navigatr and the WHPVR setup.

THX S0 MUCH F0R Y0UR TIME AND REPLIES...
...CHEERS