PVR Control WIth Universal Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

PVR Control WIth Universal Remote

I have a Harmony  N-R00007 universal remote and I can't find a way to program in the A 'Sort' button (yellow triangle) or the C 'Cancel' buttons and as a consequence cant control my PVR fully as I need the A button to confirm deletion etc. I have looked everywhere? The Netbox model we have is  DCX3510-M and when I program that into the Harmony app it doesnt come up as one of the button options. I assumed the colour coded buttons on the bottom of the controller would work but they dont seem to do anything?. 

*Edited Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: PVR Control WIth Universal Remote

With the Harmony, I believe you have a couple of options.

1. You should be able to "drill down" in the screen area and find the A or C buttons, much like any of the other functions that are not controlled by the  (hard) buttons on the remote itself.

2. You can programme the remote to "map" any of the "soft" buttons to any of the "hard" buttons when you set up the remote when it's connected to your computer for setup. Just make sure you don't lose any functionality in any "hard" buttons that may be used already.

Rather than using "NextBox" to find the appropriate App functionality, you may wish to use "Motorola" DCX3510-M.  Also, make sure you use Rogers Atlantic Canada, not Rogers Ontario since the areas use different equipment.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately when I get the list of soft buttons to amp these two arent listed and I tried to change the device as you suggested and end up with the same list of functions so think I am stuck. Hoping the new firmware/ UI  for the PVR helps once it is rolled out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I assume you drilled down all the way to the last soft page?  Sometimes you may need to go down 10 pages...

It's very strange if the button is not there as I have never encounted a "Missing" function with Harmony.  If you still can't find it, contact Harmony.