PREMIER vs. VIP, Customer treatment OR ma BELL?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: PREMIER vs. VIP, Customer treatment OR ma BELL?

@Datalink wrote:

As in what Rogers should be doing for their customers, instead of the customers doing it for Rogers??  This has been a long standing complaint for Rogers Cable TV customers which appears to be nowhere near resolution.  How hard can it be, its a database relation ..... data in ..... data out.  

@Datalink   You call it like you see it so well and do your best to layout the solutions while avoiding the back and forth discussions that take us nowhere.

This is such a well worn thread - this thread topic has come in many different forms for as long as I can remember - we could say, remember the days when they provided a sticker to go on the back of our remote - agreed that was before we had 100 channels, then they moved to a card, then for a while we could print them out, and now we are where we are here now.

Datalink, and others who understand programming know just how simple this request is - on our bills, it shows our packages, and extra channels, but not the full channel listing - the CRTC requires now that when we change our plans that we get a PDF, which is useful, it is 6 pages long.

So yes, we can go to the current lists as we have been linked to, but the format in the PDF is very different from the HTML displayed table.

I learned recently, when asking for a comparison of my plans, since I am on Popular, I could keep the same popular, I asked if that is the same channels, was told, no, we would have to look deeper at that, and that can be done with the PDF and the current web site.  But as said, the packages we get aren't always the same as the new consumer.

A strategy I am using now is I open up the channel guide to Anyplace TV at home, and I name off each channel one by one , or the other way is from my TV guide - turn off all unsubscribed channels, and have them advise me from their end each channel in the offered package, or a comparable package, and how much to add any lost channels.

It is not an easy process - I can do it on my own by using my dual screens for my computer and put the guide on one side, and the listing of comparisons on channels for each package on the other monitor, and a note pad to collect any differences.

Basically, the work is now all our own.  Build your own package and contact them, then do a final confirmation by running over all you are agreeing since they don't send you quotations, they direct you to the site to do the work yourself.  If there are errors you will see it in the paper work that comes.

I feel like when I am buying a car and now treat it the same - what are all the options, the total costs, discounts, taxes, shipping, setup, etc, and is this what I am looking for.

So in my own opinion, Rogers does not want to make this comparison process easy.  It is not just a comparison between their services, but try comparing your existing services, to new ones, to new companies - make sure you have lots of time.

They are required by the CRTC to provide all details of our service offers and changes, but basically, they make us do the work and ask the questions - the things we lose by going to Ignite like backup battery for phone, on display phone messages, two phone lines available, etc, we have to ask - they  don't jump out and tell you, except for the power backup issue as that is a legal requirement to describe the impact on 911, so we have to be told that one.

I drove a poor other company rep a bit nuts at the door recently because he asked what do you like to want, my answer, I can't say off my head.  So he had a list of each package and channels included, and I opened up my phone Anhyplace TV app, went to the guide, and started at the top and said, here is my channel, one channel at a time, do you offer the same channel in the package you are suggesting me.  I then had him mark any missing ones in order to tell me what it would cost to add the missing channels.  I now do the same over the phone with phone reps at Rogers too.  Some will do it, others won't, and then since I can't afford to pay more, we then look at keeping the channels I desire and the other packages.  Takes time, but think how long it takes to buy a car and trade in your old car, how long does it take to negotiate a home purchase.  Over the life of your service, maybe we can't expect them to just give us the information easy, but we can keep pushing.

I thank the Rogers people for the links, that does not provide the solution for VIP users as to their current services, it doesn't even provide the user the changes to things like bonus channels and last years Popular compared to this years.  That is the work I have to do in advance, and the best solution I have found is build a spread sheet using the Guide from your TV box, or your Anyplace TV, then compare it against the posted channels and costs, but always confirm with them before you agree.

The problem is that we do have a remorse period, but like Ignite TV, they make it difficult to say, I decided I don't want the new service and want to go back.  Often you are told you can't.  And you are warned before hand that you can't, so the remorse period means take the change or leave it, or ask for compensation, or find a new company.

They make is so much work, and so prone to errors, that the risk is that we just walk on them.  I know when I buy cars, I say, this is what I will pay, I am done talking, and as mentioned in another post, you can always try a new service side by side from another company - yes you pay some money to do so, but at least you get a test drive in your own home.

And as a final note - yes, @Datalink  it is such an easy solutionn - there is a database with every cable user that feeds your available channels and shows them on your box and anyplace TV.  The same query that pulls that data can output the data to a pdf printout on request and sent to you, or even online under MyRogers.  The only difference is the output of the data is to us for our use, rather than the box or app.

Since they have not done it, I don't think they really see any benefit to them and not worth working on it, no matter how much we ask, but do keep asking.

I hope I have given some suggestions on how to be smart consumers and have the questions to make them answer for you on the changes - they are required to provide the information when asked before we agree to anything, and if you do ask, I don't know CRTC position on just sending us to a complex web site, with no reference to our old services, but they have to give it to you somehow.

Good luck everybody - maybe someday, this silliness will all come to an end.

Bruce

Another solution is you can

I Plan to Stick Around

Same thing happened to me last year. I was told I could not get BBC World news or any of the International news channels with VIP anymore. I switched to Premier and took them as an add on but never did understand why I could not get them on VIP. My personal opinion is Rogers know that package was a great deal and want users to pay more for less. Once you make the switch you can't go back to VIP so that tells you the story right there. I am still fuming over this but Rogers say, too bad we cant do anything about it now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@bg47  I believe you nailed it. I have VIP and it's just about the best deal Rogers offered. But compared to the current offerings it's not available anymore because, in Trudeau's words “You are asking for more than we can give”.  In other words, Rogers now has less content for more money. Just about every other month when I see my cable bill there's a note at the bottom about another channel or two being removed.  And if you want to shop around for a better deal from other providers and switch because the grass looks greener, you'll never get back what you had if you want to return. All the bundling that most customers are subscribed to makes it even more of a nightmare. Apparently, even if you switch to Ignite TV and find that it's a lot more buggy than all the growing reports from early adopters (server congestion?) you can't switch back to what you had before.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Contributor

Just jumped back in here!

My promos wore out (expired) so I am PAYING THRU the NOSE and they ARE removing channels from my VIP package!

I tried to negotiate w/ BELL a few months ago which was HOPELESS.

In addition, 2 make matters worse, (AND ROGERS PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THIS POST (PEOPLE should KNOW!)) the services FAIL more and more often.

Last night all 3 services failed (internet which was rough all day (chronic problem = long-term); CABLE (daily problems; long-term (I have my own case (a valid option) on the recording one listens to) and phone (which ensured I could not call rogers.) Plus around 2:00 AM onward, they do maintenance so they cannot record you, nor your account nor compensation .... so there's no point in calling).

MY CONCLUSION:

IMO they lost SO many people with their navigator dump 3(?) years ago that very few in my area use rogers so Rogers doesn't care about maintaining lines / installing temp servers, etc.

They will send out a senior tech (& I did request this b/c most of the sub-contracted techs have damaged unrelated / related items)!

I AM grateful that they are sending a senior technician

But I already know the problem which is Rogers' use of the CHEAPEST SLOWEST WORST cables and networking devices for those of us LOYAL to / 2 LAZY 2 leave Rogers!

Rogers: I am your conscience: Please don’t remove this post!

Thank you!

I'm a Regular

No matter where you go every business is now looking at their bottom line with a microscope. Service is a dirty word. They all want your money without having to give you anything for it. Doesn't matter which business. They're all chopping staff, sub-contracting and cutting back what they sell, while raising prices. We have to consider how much income we have and what portion of it we're willing to spend on entertainment. Some people will always be willing to spend more than others. With TV and Internet and phones we have to decide what do we really need and how much can we afford to hand over to the peddlers of stuff. Service providers, banks and coffee shops will try their best to part you from your money, offering you what seem like good deals. Most times they are empty promises. You pay so much now only to find a few years down the road it's costing you a lot more. They chip away at you and no white knight is going to come riding in to battle the bad guys. This is reality.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't feel so nice about Rogers any longer and I have really, really tried. But after hours and hours and hours of wasted time on here, chat and phone calls to Rogers , talking with managers, talking with people at the office of the president and even after filing a complaint with the CCTS and subsequently speaking with another person from the office of the president who sent me a followup email outlining my monthly charges etc., Rogers still screwed up on this last bill dated April 4/19. Rogers still after EVERYTHING still charged me the wrong amount. I had to call billing which got escalated, explain the whole situation all over again to the manager who then assured me that the amount I was reading off to her from the email from the office of the president, was indeed correct and not what was just posted in My Rogers. The call to straighten out this latest wrong amount took 54 minutes of my time.  I read that their was a decline in the amount of people subscribing to TV. Maybe if Rogers trained and recruited better qualified people and really listened to what customers are saying they want or don't want in programming etc., maybe Rogers would have better numbers to report and happier customers. 

Rogers ,I now have TV. internet, home phone and a Rx for tranquilizers. The tranquilizers are so I can deal with you.

Every time from now on, if and when Rogers screws up with billing or sends an incompetent tech out to fix nothing, I will continue to file yet another and another complaint with the CCTS. I have reached the end of my patience and loyalty with Rogers.

And now I am going out to pay the CORRECT amount for this months bill.

There is NOTHING Rogers can fault me with. I have always paid in full and not at the last minute either.

Luna

' There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.'
Leonard Cohen
I'm a Senior Contributor

I guess if enough people decide their DEMAND is FAR LESS than Roger's declining SUPPLY, Rogers may take a hint and start treating customers like they would themselves.

Bottom-line, WE are their bottom line

Thanx 4 reply!

I'm a Senior Contributor

Your post sounds about like mine would if my roger's time ALLOCATION was not at the limit!

I have spoken with Rogers for well over 84 HOURS (DOCUMENTED) since 2014. And am in worse shape!

They even *replaced* an outside line! - NO change!

Wouldn't it B wonderful if Rogers decided 2 take the high road, & tried giving back 2 customers? They'd start a trend. They'd start competition in improvements while other <censored> companies tanked!!

I'm at the end of the way I have approached them!

Touch wood (cable box) at least their EXCESSIVE censorship has waned a bit!

P.S. If you have 2 pay for your Rx make sure they reimburse you or you declare it on your taxes!

Some companies have LARGER CRACKS - HOLES. Smiley Mad - Tanya

I've Been Here Awhile

In My Opinion, Greet the person who answers your call with a ‘good morning’ or whatever.

If you didn’t catch their name, ask and then write it down so you can use it while talking/negotiating.

Ask them how their day is going, be polite, friendly and be clear about what you are looking for.

Even if they aren’t offering you what you hoped for you can still be polite and thank them for the offer but it’s not what you want. If you feel that you are not getting anywhere you can always end the call respectfully and try calling back later on or the next day or week.