Only getting limited channels and no access to Next box!?!?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Only getting limited channels and no access to Next box!?!?

Hello,

I've been a Rogers customers for over 20 years now and have had their HD cable TV with basic cable plus another multicultural package add on.  I've had the same next box for over a year.  Recently, it didn t get any signal so I exchanged the box at a Rogers store.  I got the new box but am unable to make it past the authorization screen.  I've tried calling Rogers tech multiple times but nothing has helped.  

I thought it was an issue with my coax cable so I decided to plug it directly into the TV instead of the cable box.  The cable seems fine as the TV is getting signal HOWEVER, before, I had channels 1-42 but now its only 1-26.  Even before I opted for the Next Box and had the cable connected directly to the TV, I was still able to get channels 1-42.  For some reason, with the recent issues, I am only able to get channels 1-26.  

Does anyone know how to fix this?  Rogers Tech isn't helping at all.  The unplug and replug doesnt work.  Them sending me a signal everytime doesnt work either. Apparently there is nothing wrong with the signal in my neighborhood according to the reps.  Am I potentially blocked for some reason??

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Only getting limited channels and no access to Next box!?!?

The basic cable channels you're not getting when you plug the cable directly into the TV are digital. Eventually all channels will be digital. You need a box of free digital adapter to see them.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hi there,  you have confirmed your analog works, but like oldyellr said, analog is going away so dont worry about it, you already have digital box, you just need to find out why your digital box is not working tthey may have to send a technician to your house to fix it, rogers has to fix this, so dont take no for an answer, keep bugging them till they fix it,

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I'd keep after Rogers. If the techs aren't able to help, get customer service and have a tech sent out.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

The problem was with the box itself. 

I had a defective box, got a "new" one from rogers and that box was defective too.  Had to go back to the store again and get a new box... That finally worked.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation