One series stopped recording...all other record fine.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: One series stopped recording...all others record fine.

@Spiff27  One more thing to look at. Has the name of the show changed at all? That would do it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spiff27 wrote:

...I could see the recording set for the first date but when I went to future dates in the listing they were not there. 

This happens to me a fair bit, but the other scheduled recordings are usually there by the next morning. Sometimes they show up right away and sometimes not.  No idea why and this happens even without a reboot.  "Stuff Happens".

I Plan to Stick Around

Update...the problem persists. Not sure what else to do. Is it a problem with the box? Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like my last alternative is to turn to Rogers tech support and see if they have any suggestions. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spiff27 : I doubt there's anything wrong with the box. As I stated, sometimes stuff just happens. In the meantime do some single recordings and see if the series works in a few days...

I Plan to Stick Around

If I set single recordings for a program also set as a series, won’t that potentially screw things up (if you’re right that it could possibly just come back and show the series recordings again in a few days)?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spiff27 : Set the singles on one channel and the series on the other.  522/18?

I Plan to Stick Around

Same kind of thing here - set a series recording schedule, any variation of options and it only sets a recording for the day in the week it was originated in. IE: If I set a series record via Monday's guide entry, only that specific Monday show will be listed as ready to record, as opposed to Monday- Friday. I can go in and set a show recording for each day, but that seems silly if a series record schedule exists. This only started once the poster art layout was changed a few weeks back.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fedge : You need to set your recording options properly. Instead of "this day" you need to select the "any day" option.  Also, it may take until overnight before you see those in your scheduled recording list.