One series stopped recording...all other record fine.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

One series stopped recording...all other record fine.

I have a Cisco Nextbox 9865 PVR from Rogers. Recently, I noticed I was missing one of my scheduled series recordings (that’s been recording fine for years). No matter what I do I can’t get the series to record. All other series record fine. I’ve got it set to new episodes only and confirmed in the listing that the new programs are marked “new” (although I tried changing the setting to “all” and it still didn’t work). 

I’ve tried unplugging the box. I deleted and reposted the series. Tried recording the same show from a different channel (153 instead of the original 18). Nothing works. Seems very specific to this one program (Jimmy Kimmel at 11:35 eastern time). Odd.

Any ideas?

*Added Labels*

Re: One series stopped recording...all other record fine.

Hello, @Spiff27.

Thank you for the detailed post. It's certainly odd that just one program won't record; I appreciate all the logical troubleshooting. 

Have you tried recording any other program on channel 18 or 153? If any other program can be recorded, then the issue could be related to the feed of the Jimmy Kimmel show. 

Community - did anybody else noticed such an anomaly? If possible can somebody schedule PVR to record Jimmy Kimmel show and report back?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spiff27 : Are you able to see the programming on those channels live? Sometimes a weak or borderline signal means that the programme won't get recorded.  Does the scheduled recording appear properly in the list of scheduled recordings? Have you tried a single recording instead of series?  Have you tried channel 522?

Many issues are related to a poor or borderline signal in your home or neighbourhood.  Call Rogers and have them check the signal while you're tuned to the problem channel.  Here's a post on the topic of signal issues.  You can also check the signal yourself to see if it's good or borderline or bad:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried individually recording the program and it recorded successfully. No signal issue at all.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, you seem to have tried all the usual stuff. Since it records single episodes, this is indeed strange.  Something similar did happen to me a few years ago with Grand Designs on CBC and Daily Planet on Discovery.  I set single recordings as a workaround.  That's one of the reasons I started the following thread on IPG inconsistencies (See posts 1, 3. 15):

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/td-p/350863

After a few days the series recordings of Grand Designs and Daily Planet started recording again just fine.  There's just some strange stuff that happens with Navigatr, etc. but there's often a workaround, like single recordings. 

I seem to recall that sometimes if there's no "information" for the particular programme in question, it will not record, but that may just have been co-incidence.  You may wish to try one more reboot and wait overnight for IPG updates before trying to set a new series recording.  I've even found that sometimes I try to set a series recording and the IPG thinks I've already got one set up (there wasn't) and won't let me set the series. In that case I'm usually able to find a different channel to set that recording on (even going from 18 to 522 will do the trick in that instance)

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Spiff27  How do you have your series recording set? Record "new" (first run) episodes, or record a specific day and time slot? I've noticed that sometimes the IPG does not flag "new" episodes, so they don't get recorded. (I'm just going by my experience with the SARA system, not the Nextbox.) 

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks very much for your input. I’ll give it a try.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your input OLDYELLR but like i said earlier, 'new" was showing in the listing for this program but I also tried changing it to "all" episodes and it didn't make  a difference. I also tried any day but not slot because it's only on in one slot. Again, no luck. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks RogersMoin, I haven't tried recording anything else on the channel but will try tonight.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: One series stopped recording...all others record fine.

Further update on this. I did try recording on channel 522 and same thing. However, I tried to add a series recording on random other channels and it would not take. I could see the recording set for the first date but when I went to future dates in the listing they were not there. 

So...it would appear that while I lost the series set-up for Kimmel, but not any of my other series recordings (although I'm not positive that none of them have disappeared), it appears that right now I can't add any new series recordings either. 

I will delete the existing Kimmel series set-up and unplug/reboot my box tonight and not re-input the Kimmel series recording (or any others) until tomorrow and see what happens. I'll circle back then.

Odd and frustrating. But thanks to everyone who chimed in for your help.