One of my remote control is not working for my tv for a Cisco box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

One of my remote control is not working for my tv for a Cisco box

The guide and info buttons are not working

Re: One of my remote control is not working for my tv for a Cisco box

Good morning @JoanD-15,

Thanks for reaching out to us today! Welcome to our Community Forums!

It's never any fun when remotes fail but in this case, if replacing the batteries doesn't help, the remote needs to be replaced.

Please take it to the nearest Rogers store for replacement.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You should also try pushing the CBL button at the top right of the remote. It is possible that you pressed one of the other buttons at the top by accident and the remote is not operating in the cable mode. Try the two buttons again after you press the CBL button.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mousetamer 

@mousetamer wrote:

You should also try pushing the CBL button at the top right of the remote. It is possible that you pressed one of the other buttons at the top by accident and the remote is not operating in the cable mode. Try the two buttons again after you press the CBL button.

I agree with this, and I've seen this happen many times

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So today, the remote for my Parent's DTA50 stopped working for the Set Top Box, but still was able to control the TV Power and Volume. I tested their DTA50 with ANOTHER rogers remote from the Downstairs TV and the DTA50 WAS INDEED RESPONSIVE. This lead me to believe the remote somehow crapped out or the programming inside of it became messed up.

I spent about an hour Yahooing to find a proper manual with thorough instructions, not just a quick setup guide like the one on Rogers.com and after I found it I tried many times to reset the remote, reprogram it, etc, no matter how many times I tried this, It would not control the DTA50 to change channels, etc, but it would still work to control the TV's power and Volume.

I chalked this one up as a Faulty Rogers Remote, and since today was a Statutory Holiday (Good Friday) and myself being very Catholic, I understand that the Rogers Retail stores are closed today and respect their decision to do so on such a very religious occasion and had advised my parents to try tomorrow when they re-open to swap the remote.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly since you tried another remote and it worked I suspect you have a bad remote. Your parents should be able to swap the remote at any Rogers stores once they open.

However, have you tried resetting the remote to factory defaults? here a link for the manual that has instructions on how to reset to defaults

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/video/at_home/Set-Tops/DTA/4030042_B.pdf

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes. I actually did mention that I tried resetting the remote multiple times.  The only challenge I faced was finding an instructional manual which had the reset codes. It took an hour of yahooing to find a true instruction manual with detailed info and reset codes, most of the other manuals I came across were quick setup guides with very basic programming instructions only. Thanks