OnDemand missing epsiodes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

OnDemand missing epsiodes

I dont understand how some channels have all the episodes and some only keep at most 2-3 episodes and some completely missing a block of them.

Examle: ShowCase on demand

Came across this show called Defiance started watching and watched the first 5 episodes for Season 1, What happened to episodes 6-12?

Even better they have posted S2 Epsiode2. Whats the point of that? Not  only do we miss half of Season 1, but miss the first episode of Season 2! Might as well not have anything at all or even better I wish I never started watching it all!

Now I know the party line is that they are dependent on the independent channels to provide the downloads, but whats the point in paying extra for VIP or Ultimate packages in order to pick up these added OnDemand channels like Showcase and FX when they dont to provide the proper programming?

The example I show is for the program Defiance as that is the most blatant and absurd OnDemand sample, but there are many others as well.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: OnDemand missing epsiodes

The gaps, I have no clue about.. Those ones are odd.

But in general the ones where you only see a few at a time, say the last 3, is usually all the channel owner itself. They make the call on what a provider can or can't put up.
Sometimes it may come down to $$ too. The channel may say that all epps are open, but they are $ amount each, and Rogers does t want to pay that much.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well if it's Rogers not paying up then customers should not have to pay extra for the VIP packages in order to view these special on demand channels only available in VIP.
Calling Rogers and if they don't have a good explanation I'm downgrading to another cheaper package.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you are paying for the package, you are paying for the regular tv channel.
That you get some of them as on demand as well, is a bonus (as all channels do not have on demand content available)
You are not paying extra to get them on demand, it's a 1:1 with the channel (if it has on demand)

Feel free to downgrade your package but if you loose those channels off the package list you will loose then all access period to the channel.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually that is not true. For channel 209(My zone) is VIP OnDemand and you only get this channel with upgraded packages so you get the OnDemand for FXCanada, Showcase etc. I always had FX and Showcase but was getting tired of missing episodes  and was not able to get VIP OnDemand channel(209) in the EXTRA PLUS package so I then upgraded to the VIP package and great now I get the OnDemand for FX and Showcase but then whats the point paying extra and losing out on Epsiodes?

Anyway my point is I will downgrade and make sure I still get the channels I want, as the VIP OnDemand is clearly not what I expected and not meet my expectations especailly when there are missing episodes. I guess I will have to remember to PVR everything.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They must have changed it a while back.

Just doing the side by side comparison between digital plus and VIP, you are correct that some like HGTV, food, etc.. you can get the channel itself on digital plus, but not the on demand, unless you have VIP.

Yeah, as long as you are not loosing the channels you want if they are VIP only.. you should be fine to downgrade.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We are trying to catch up on The Grinder - which is currently still airing its first season. We are dissapointed to see that only the three (3) most recent episodes of the series are available on demand. Why wouldn't all previous episodes for the season be available to viewers? What's the point otherwise?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately this is not always ROGERS choice in the matter.

Its not rogers who sets what can/cant/is/isn't available on demand.. its not that THEY Do the recordings and put them up there (otherwise, why not put up EVERY channel, all content?)

Its up to that specific channel, and content owner.. to descide IF they can get the on demand content at all.  Rogers then has to pay EXTRA licensing fees to get them.
The content owner then can descide on how many epsisode, how long, etc... how much it costs etc.. it could cost too much to pay to have too many for too long on there.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's a technology issue not a rights issue. How do you have Handmaids Tale S2 ep 1,2.. missing 3,4 and have 5,6? Really??? How is it that TV anywhere has it but on the cable box it's missing. Rogers... can you sort this out finally? Why does Bell not have this issue? I worked in Rogers Tech support in 2004 and this was a problem. I can't believe this still happens.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You're right in that sometimes things aren't added in properly. For example, I missed Ep1 of Patrick Melrose (I had already recorded Ep2, 3, but wanted to watch Ep1 first and it was no longer airing) so I went to TMNOD (or wherever).  Couldn't find it.  Went back next day and it still wasn't there. Guess what, I scanned down the list one page at a time and Patrick Melrose was at the bottom of the list totally out of alpha order.  Weird.