OnDemand missing epsiodes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

OnDemand missing epsiodes

We use OnDemand feature a lot because we have small children and can't always watch what we want to watch when we want to watch it. Rogers has been fairly good keeping up to date with adding the most recent episodes for the shows we watch but now seems to be lacking... For example, Gotham (CTV), and Grey's Anatomy (CTV) are both several weeks behind. It used to be that we could watch a show OnDemand a day or two after it aired - what gives?? Cable TV is too expensive to pay for if the features you want to use are not up to par...

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: OnDemand missing epsiodes

Hello @cori-m

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I can understand your frustration. We have recieved multiple complaints regarding ROD content not being updated and our engineering teams are working on resolving this issue as we speak. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

I'm an Advisor

Hey @cori-m,

I rebooted my boxes yesterday and some of the content I was looking for showed up.  As Hassam said - they are working on multiple OnDemand issues, hopefully they get it fixed soon. 

As as an alternative, I am using www.rogersondemand.com and the related tablet + phone apps. You can connect your phone, tablet or computer to the TV and enjoy some content that way. 

Check out Fosmon branded cables at Amazon.ca - got a cable for my phone to HDMI for less than 10 bucks!

I've Been Here Awhile

OnDemand Not Updated for Over A Month 

None of the TV series or movies under TMN or MN have updated in well over a month. I'm very behind on my shows and don't have a PVR so I rely on these being updated in a timely manner. I pay a lot of money to have access to these programs, please update your programs!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

This includes channels under regular cable, The Big Bang Theory on CTV hasn't updated in weeks either.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Where are you located?  Maybe just some areas  haven't been updated.  I'm in Ottawa and I just checked it out and found the shows by using On Demand CH 100 -- then clicking on  CTV.  the most recent Big Bang Theory  shows were listed there.

When I tried just using "search" they also showed wp but the episodes are not in chronological order.  It's much easier using the On Demand button.

I've Been Here Awhile

Last Friday night, we started watching True Detective on HBO. The next two nights, all ROD content was "undefined" and couldn't be loaded. On Monday night, we could access ROD content again but episodes from True Detective were now missing. For Season 1, it just lists Episode 2 a dozen times instead of all the other episodes. If we do a search in the guide for say, Season 1 Episode 4, we can see select it, but the content won't load - instead we get "an error occurred when launching VOD (3)".

So on Monday night, we spoke with the Help Desk and we were told the software team was working on it and they would call us back within 48 hours. Over 72 hours later the problem persists and I still haven't received a phone call.

This is just the latest addition to our consistent problems with ROD and Shomi content being "undefined" or not loading. It's been like this for 2 months. Our NextBox3 has been reset numerous times, but never seems to make a difference. Rogers did credit my account for the hassle, but the issue is still unresolved and I have no confidence that ROD or Shomi will work when I want it to.

Rogers, please fix whatever server issue you are having. Thanks!

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @sloth8,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Has this issue been resolved for you? Did you call in to get a status on your ticket? Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Yes, the issue was resolved on the 21st.

On the 21st, I received a pre-recorded phone message apologizing for the delay and actually informing me that the issue was not resolved. In fact, the episodes were now available.

I Plan to Stick Around

Channel 100 Content versus rogersondemand.com website are different

I have tried asking this to support, customer service, the loyalty team and the management team.  

There are shows that you can watch on www.rogersondemand.com but they've been removed from Channel 100.  THis makes NO sense.  I pay EXTRA for TMN which gives me all the regular shows for On Demand, but HBO and TMN.  A show that I've missed a few episodes "The Affair" has been completely removed from Channel 100 and 309 (which I pay EXTRA for) buy it IS available on www.rogersondemand.com.  WHY?  So the only way I'm now to watch is on a computer and use up all my data then have Rogers come back and charge me an arm and a leg for internet usage?  Really?

Support says it's a licensing issue that it's removed from TMN channel 309.  If it's a licensing issue, then why is it on www.rogersondemand.com?