On demand movies should have an undefined pause or a bookmark option

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

On demand movies should have an undefined pause or a bookmark option

I've resigned myself to the annoyance of walking away from a paused movie for just slightly too long only to have it abruptly stop and for my box to revert back to the loud and obnoxious promotion Channel. But adding insult to injury is the fact that I then need to seek my way through the movie to try to estimate where it was that I paused. com.

Quite often during this sick process the on demand service dies. this takes what was once irritation and frustration and transforms it into genuine anger. When does have to ask how it is that Netflix is so tidily besting Rogers regard to hi okay these fundamental features.

is there a way to render the pause permanent? And if not, is there a way to bookmark the movie so that return to his place is less than ordeal.

Thank you,
Edward

Hoping that I may hear back shortly I wish you kind regards,

Ed

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: On demand movies should have an undefined pause or a bookmark option

1. is there a way to render the pause permanent?

2. And if not, is there a way to bookmark the movie so that return to his place is less than ordeal.

1. No, because that would take too many system resources away from others who are using the system at that time.

2. Are you talking about Crave, movies programming because I've usually been able to "come back" to where I was and selecting "resume" or whatever? I don't use OD much, but when I did use it for some programming it worked properly...

Perhaps if you clarify exactly which programme and what you did, we may be able to help you troubleshoot your issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply. My PVR recordings also do this (revert back to frenetic, obnoxious Rogers advertising channel), so I dont' see that how that's a resource issue. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@edwardbp wrote:

Thanks for the reply. My PVR recordings also do this (revert back to frenetic, obnoxious Rogers advertising channel), so I dont' see that how that's a resource issue. 

Assuming you're talking about a Nextbox PVR?  No that's for a different reason, such as power saving or screen saver or hard drive saving functionality.  I would have thought it would go to whatever channel you were watching before you started watching the recording.  I often switch to channel 950 (the blank channel) when perusing my recordings before watching, or if I walk away from my home theatre for more than a couple of minutes.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rather than using the "pause" button use the "stop" button. If you are not away for too long there is an option to resume/
If you want to be away for a longer time or watch live TV you can return to your OD show where you left off by:
-- using the Menu button - select Rogers On Demand then the option Saved Videos (red C) on the remote.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation