On Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: On Demand problems

June 27 - Both the On-Demand (100) and Shomi (300) will not play anything.

I can see the list of programs and select the episodes but hwen I hit play I get "On Demand Sever can not play you selection"

I've rebooted my box and I still get the same error message.

I called Rogers and they asked me to test channel 100 and 300 and they tried something on their end but nothing. They said They'll escalate this to maintenance and support???

I rebooted the box again but still the same.

Only regular channels (non-HD and HD) work and the PVR.

I'm a Regular

It's all part of Rogers' ongoing problems with OnDemand. Get used to it. It's intermittent but ongoing. I've had problems with their OnDemand ever since I became a Rogers customer. They will never truly fix it with their current cable platform. Only thing you can do is hope it gets better or fixed when they switch to IPTV...but who knows when that'll be. If you're in an area where a competitor serves the area with IPTV over fibre to the home, you can switch and you'll undoubtedly have much better (more reliable) service.
I Plan to Stick Around

We live in ottawa i too and my wife we have 2 boxes the lastest ones not 4k and pvr you are right not all the content appears for example the walking dead i wanted to catch up on eposodes but some of the seasons are not there do i went to check this out on other on demand channels and guess what the same thing so i rebooted my 2 boxes guess what one box had all the seasons i wanted but not the other there is no guestion a lot of content in on demand maybe to much hope this helps

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been with rogers since 85 i just updated my boxes which i have 2 pvr the lastest not 4k and have hsd much better results we live in a condo building with the new updated cable optic they just put in a couple of yers ago no problems at all l will tell you that the old boxes will in time give you problems trust me had a few 

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know if this is related but here goes: I have an ancient 8250 that heats my room (LOL). I was in the Video On Demand Lite to see what movies were available and ended up  having to   quit by hitting the back key.  Well  the screen froze and blacked out. Next thing I know my box is doing a full reset and Count-up. This has never happened in the four years I have had this box.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You're very lucky if the box has not rebooted on you before this. It's certainly quite common for a box to reboot when doing certain things, especially VOD where the commands have to go the the head end and not just to the box.

This can also happen if you've pressed a sequence of buttons and the box became unresponsive. As the sequence of presses stacks up and is performed all of a sudden, the box can become overwhelmed and reboot.

If you ever press one or two buttons and the box doesn't respond to those commands, do not press any more buttons and wait to see if the box does respond after a few seconds - it may be busy with other functionality that a box carries out from time to time.

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats